I might have to get rid of my tacoma :(

kakapoopooh3ad

gators gat
I might sell my tacoma so I can buy my wife a new car. But I'm going to try to get a 2006 or new 4x4 tacoma. For like 20k but it's not looking good :(

If you're going to get another second gen, your better off just keeping the one you have. Resale value of a used second gen will be pretty much the same as what the dealer will give you for your new truck. Otherwise it's either the truck or the wife's car.

If you're going to get another second gen, your better off just keeping the one you have. Resale value of a used second gen will be pretty much the same as what the dealer will give you for your new truck. Otherwise it's either the truck or the wife's car.
I agree. I used to work at a dealership and would see this all the time. Keep what you have and get a quality vehicle for your wife. Buying new can be nice so you know the history of maintenance and such, but from a financial stand point it's not the best thing to do. The value of a new car can drop by at least 3% as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Back