I think I might have done something stupid

[username]

My 2005 Tacoma battery died this afternoon and I jumped it with my other car. I was in a super rush to get back to work and my gf and kids were waiting for me to get the truck running. Sooo, I might have put the black and red clamps from the jumpers on backwards...:whistling2:. What I do know is that they got real hot and started to smoke. I removed them all, started over and paid attention to what I was doing this time and started the truck. Now the ABS and Brake light are always on. After work I bought a new battery and installed it but the ABS and Brakes are still on.

How deep did I dig myself in this time?

Dont feel so bad, I've done that before on my first truck. It didn't smoke however, just a big blue spark...BAM! Had to change my shorts after that one.

Surprised the whole system wasn't blown. I had read someone else had did this and it screwed up a lot of stuff. The big 100amp fuses were blown. Wiring was melted. Bet it did something to the CPU.
Best have the electrical system checked completely over. Should have it scanned to see what codes are being thrown.
Good Luck! Next time take your time and make sure you connect correctly.

Back