Ignition Accessory Timer Tip

MVMike

I may be the only one who missed this but we all know if you shut off your truck (or any Toyo) in N or D and then shift to P the accessory power (radio) stays on until the 10 or 15 min timer cuts it off. After all these years I just discovered leaving the shifter in N that no timer is ever activated and radio and accessory power play on! Never remember reading that here and never tried it so thought I’d post.

I may be the only one who missed this but we all know if you shut off your truck (or any Toyo) in N or D and then shift to P the accessory power (radio) stays on until the 10 or 15 min timer cuts it off. After all these years I just discovered leaving the shifter in N that no timer is ever activated and radio and accessory power play on! Never remember reading that here and never tried it so thought I’d post.

Thanks!!

Just remember to pull the e-brake before you close your eyes to hit the high notes. Otherwise you may roll into, onto, over, something or someone!

he accessory power (radio) stays on until the 10 or 15 min timer cuts it off.

I do this all the time. Great feature. But it seems to last longer than 15 minutes in my truck.

I looked through the manual and found nothing about this. I guess it's a secret.

The timer is only if you put it into Park AFTER killing the engine. Kill the engine and leave it in N with the E brake on and no timer.

Back