In between Tacos

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by OR17TRD, Oct 31, 2018.

?

Should I stay or Should I go?

1. Stay

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Go

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

My friends, My family,
    I am happy and sad to say that I have purchased a new Toyota truck. I was on the look for another Tacoma. I had a few Taco options and one option was a 2018 Platinum Tundra crewmax. I was able to nagotiate a fantastic deal on it. End of year end of month. My heart has always been with Toyota trucks. Whether it’s a pickup, a 4runner, a Tacoma, or a Tundra. I’ve always enjoyed them. I had an amazing time building and sharing my speeding white Tacos journey with all of you. If you all will still have me around I will continue to post and be a part of this wonderful group of people. If you all decide I should leave... I have started a user name over at Tundras.com same as here but 18 vs 17.
    If you all are ok with me popping in and hanging out I will continue to do so. If you all feel like I should stay over on the Tundra site I will. When Toyota figures out the Tacoma gen4 I’m sure I’ll be back. Hope to see you around.
    Happy Halloween!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Hang out man but you'll be busy on the other site asking about largest tire size and what exhaust sounds best.

Congrats on the truck!

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  4. OP
    OR17TRD

5. OP
    OR17TRD

Haha, I thought about asking all the noob questions. Problem is I already built a tundra years ago before the inter web was this weaved mess of derp.
    I already know what tires and wheels I’m looking at and it already has TRD dual exhaust and I added an aFe air filter. I’m getting the windows tinted in the morning and the bed line-x on Tuesday. I’m looking at a few other things as well. Let the building begin :)

DEERTAY, Scott Wyman, Crawdad and 2 others like this.
  6. OP
    OR17TRD

If it wasn’t raining here today I would have taken the 4x4 badge off her rear. Maybe tomorrow.

mcodyv and Bogunn like this.
  7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. OP
    OR17TRD

Thanks.

Bogunn likes this.
  9. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're in a Yota and I'm glad you got something that should keep you happy for a long time. I, for one, hope you stick around! Wouldn't be the same without you! We still like pics!

10. OP
    OR17TRD

Thanks. I appreciate that. If you squint real hard and blink twice with your head tilted it kind of looks like a Tacoma haha

Crawdad, Scott Wyman and Bogunn like this.
  11. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Congrats on the truck, OR! For some reason I figured whatever you got would be white! LOL Be sure and check for a leaky rearend! LOL

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  12. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the new truck OR! She's a beauty. I for one would like to see you stick around. Between your witty come backs to Crawdad or Bogunn's comments and your sound build advice, you're a valued asset to the forum.

rkortan, B-Man and OR17TRD like this.
  13. Scuzzy

Scuzzy Well-Known Member

Congrats on the Tundra! Better stick around, I owe you a beer when your next down my way!

OR17TRD likes this.
  14. TucsonSteve

TucsonSteve Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new truck. I hope you stick around!

OR17TRD likes this.
  15. OP
    OR17TRD

Thanks guys. That means a lot.

B-Man likes this.
  16. OP
    OR17TRD

Deal.

17. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

No man we don't care what you drive. That's a nice truck and congrats!! You gotta hang around!

OR17TRD likes this.
  18. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Another thing to consider, I technically don't drive a Toyota right now. However, the Pontiac Vibe was a Toyota Matrix so my GTO is basically a Toyota. o_O

Ok I'll just make a rant thread about site and come back under a different screen name.:cool:

Scott Wyman, Crawdad, kp.taco and 3 others like this.
  19. OP
    OR17TRD

Haha I’m seeing your justification.

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  20. OP
    OR17TRD

Thanks I just got the windows tinted. Matched the fronts to the backs. Backs measured at 22% fronts done at 20% $95 dark but not to dark. Same as the taco. AAA55466-DBF0-4BD4-A833-6C9340FF1555.jpeg ECE4ADE8-C887-4D5E-88AD-660414F49AD2.jpeg

Scott Wyman, Crawdad, Bogunn and 4 others like this.
  21. OP
    OR17TRD

I’ve got an appointment on Tuesday for the bed line-x. $500
    Also looking at ordering bilstein 6112’s for the front, 5160’s for the rear and a maxtrac rear shackle kit. Be about $1020 for that set up. Another $30 for diff drop not sure if these need it yet. Plus alignment $70
    $1200 ish to get it lifted 2” seems ok to me.

Scott Wyman, Crawdad, DEERTAY and 3 others like this.