Intake

And Toyota offers their TRD oiled filter as an option. I've used K&N replacement filters on all of my vehicles for the past 25 years and 5 vehicles. Never had a problem with it contaminating the air sensor. Zero problems with the grit that these filters supposedly pass causing engine damage and oil burning. I travel from 22 to 24K miles each year. That's almost half a million miles with no trouble of any kind.

And Toyota offers their TRD oiled filter as an option. I've used K&N replacement filters on all of my vehicles for the past 25 years and 5 vehicles. Never had a problem with it contaminating the air sensor. Zero problems with the grit that these filters supposedly pass causing engine damage and oil burning. I travel from 22 to 24K miles each year. That's almost half a million miles with no trouble of any kind.
Trd doesn't make air filters

that filter is not made by toyota/trd
its made by afe, k&n, or someone else

"TRD" makes contracts with real manufacturers who then make the item.
"TRD" couldnt have all of the facilities to make their branded products......... toyota doesnt even make their own gas pedals, windshields, sensors, etc.
Can you imagine the setup cost to produce all their branded "TRD" products?
The ROI just wouldnt allow it, thus true manufacturers with the tooling, engineers, and techs make the products. Thats why K&N/AEM made the latest "TRD" intake for the 2nd gen and 3rd gen, and AFE made the older "TRD" intakes for the 2nd gen

Last edited:
my "TRD" branded coolant pump for the blower (also stamped TRD but made by magnuson based on an Eaton blower design) is just a reboxed bosch pump used by mercedes, land rover, ford, and toyota

Whatever. TRD is authorized by Toyota and will not void your warranty. The filter IS an oiled cotton filter.

my "TRD" branded coolant pump for the blower (also stamped TRD but made by magnuson based on an Eaton blower design) is just a reboxed bosch pump used by mercedes, land rover, ford, and toyota

I know brother. Very few (if any) manufacturers actually make their branded gear.
I didn’t know that Toyota/TRD had a branded oiled air filter. It surprised me.

For that matter, vehicle manufacturers don't make their own belts or hoses, and hundreds of other parts, yet their part number appears on the part and you go to a dealer to buy it.

Whatever. TRD is authorized by Toyota and will not void your warranty. The filter IS an oiled cotton filter.

Aftermarket mods don't void warranty unless it is found to be the cause of the failure of an OEM part. So basically the brand doesn't matter.

Oiled filters take a long time to recover the cost of purchase when compared to the cost of "paper" filter.

Back