Intakes and Exhausts

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by DadsTaco, Oct 16, 2020 at 9:51 PM.

1. DadsTaco

DadsTaco Member

Obviously it’s mainly opinion but I would like to know what’s the best route to go with after market cold air intakes or exhausts for performance. About how significant is the performance improvement? Also are they pretty easy to self install or is it recommended to go to a shop?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TacoTruck2019

TacoTruck2019 Well-Known Member

Ive got a K&N drop in panel filter and Borla cat back on mine. As far as torque and hp numbers I have no idea however it pulls strong and smooth from 700 to 6000 rpm with no hesitation or chugging.

DadsTaco likes this.
  4. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

Personally I think it's a waste of money, all A/M exhaust for our trucks sound like fart cans imo. I do have a K&N drop in filter for all my vehicles because I can't see buying new filters every few months.

DadsTaco likes this.
  5. OP
    DadsTaco

DadsTaco Member

Lol fart cans, I never said it wasn’t a waste of money but besides a lift kit and oversized tires what really isn’t a waste of money on our trucks? If I’m gonna waste my money I’m gonna waste on the best products haha

Tape and Crawdad like this.
  6. OP
    DadsTaco

DadsTaco Member

Just bought a K&N cold air intake system new for $180 on Facebook market. I’ll let y’all know how it goes!

Tape likes this.
  7. OP
    DadsTaco

DadsTaco Member

Well guys, after snapping the plastic flow intake and JB welding it back on it still took about 90 minutes so not bad at all! I personally think it’s the perfect mixture of loud and sporty and deafening when you want it to be heard but also has a nice low growl when slowly revving up the rpms. It also has a very slight pickup increase. All in all definitely worth every penny if you want your truck to sound like it has some massive balls! I’ll let y’all know if I get annoyed of it, haha.

Crawdad likes this.
  8. OP
    DadsTaco

DadsTaco Member

K&N

Attached Files:

Crawdad and JonRod like this.