IPHONE/ENTUNE AUDIO PLUS SYSTEM PROBLEM

Perseus2017

I own a 2017 SR5 and am using an iPhone 6+ running iOS 10.2.1. Lately, when the phone connects via Bluetooth, the damn Entune Audio Plus system dials MY OWN cell number and calls MY iPhone. (Interestingly, the phone really isn't making a call, just the audio system, if that makes sense.). What's worse is the system won't let me hang up (pressing the soft key on the screen/hard key on the steering wheel). I even tried cycling the ignition (on/off) several times to no avail. In the end, I had to actually call someone on my iPhone to "kick the system in the pants" and get it to hang up! I just checked w/Toyota service and they said no updates/TSBs for the audio system.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Suggestions?

I own a 2017 SR5 and am using an iPhone 6+ running iOS 10.2.1. Lately, when the phone connects via Bluetooth, the damn Entune Audio Plus system dials MY OWN cell number and calls MY iPhone. (Interestingly, the phone really isn't making a call, just the audio system, if that makes sense.). What's worse is the system won't let me hang up (pressing the soft key on the screen/hard key on the steering wheel). I even tried cycling the ignition (on/off) several times to no avail. In the end, I had to actually call someone on my iPhone to "kick the system in the pants" and get it to hang up! I just checked w/Toyota service and they said no updates/TSBs for the audio system.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Suggestions?
If you hold the power button on the stereo down for 5 seconds it will reboot the system. Sometimes mine will have a glitch and this seems to help. Not sure if it will sesolve your issue but good fyi.

Ah, yes. Good suggestion. I neglected to mention I tried that and it didn't seem to work, but I will try it again when it happens. I'm afraid service will tell me I must reset the system (to factory settings), and I'll have set things up all over again. (Already tried that once too.). Thanks for the response.

If your iPhone has become too independent — without your participation, it dials numbers in a notebook and calls them, then this is not a reason to go crazy and think that you are being followed. No, seriously, put aside the moping and paranoia! The main thing is that the phone does not talk at the same time — that would definitely be a unique situation. Unique, but terribly interesting. Every day is a new conversation — every day is a new surprise! It's funny, but it's easy to solve. By the way, as for the numbers - an excellent solution would be to purchase a temporary phone number. You can leave it when registering on websites or receiving sms activation.

Last edited:
Back