iPhone messaging

jen

Does anyone know if the iPhone will sync messages with the 2016 Tacoma so it reads them out loud if you choose?

Is there a trick to it? I can't get mine set up. Maybe my phone doesn't have the right setting turned off or something?

Check past posts about how to get iPhone messaging to work with Entune. To be honest, it's only a message reading system. The preset replies don't even work.

What does that mean? It works in the 4runner. So they put out tech that doesn't work? Or it will work eventually. I know it took the 4r several attempts before it started reading incoming messages! When it works its a good time, she has trouble with alot of words .

I only connect mine for calls, not messaging. It would be nice if it worked both ways with messaging, but **** it

Its been 3 weeks with my new truck, the messaging still doesnt work! Can someone please chime in that has a 2016 where the text messages show up on the head unit!! Iam wondering if it is everybody?

NapalmTRD, your the best, i didnt have the notification switched on , on the phone!! I didnt realize its specific for every device!! Works great, same monotone women in my 4runner!!!

Mine works, you have to enable notifications on your iphone

Go to SETTINGS. BLUETOOTH. select your truck and ENABLE SHOW NOTIFICATIONS

Last edited:
Back