Is anyone running these wheels with stock suspension?

BIG TONE

Hey guys, new to the forum and to my toyota tacoma. Just bought the truck a week ago and already wanna add some attitude to her. The truck is a 4wd dcsb SR5 currently sitting on 16" steelies. For summer I want to add some 17" Black Rhino York wheels and see if I can add a 33" tire. The truck suspension is going to remain stock for warranty reasons. It seems every guy and his brother have TRD's but idk if I can use them as a reference since idk if they sit any higher than my sr5. Also should I get the 12mm or -12mm back spacing? Trying my best to not cut up fender well bits if I can. Any constructive help is appreciated and pics are always a bonus ;-)

Attachments

• truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-york-6-both-both-gunmetal-std-250.jpg
    truck-wheels-rims-black-rhino-york-6-both-both-gunmetal-std-250.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 64
Since you're not wanting to change the suspension, I'm guessing that you won't want to do the cab mount chop or any other necessary molding or cutting that we have to do with 2"-3" lifts so maybe stick with a 265/75-16. Oh, -12 offset.
Welcome to the forum!

Since you're not wanting to change the suspension, I'm guessing that you won't want to do the cab mount chop or any other necessary molding or cutting that we have to do with 2"-3" lifts so maybe stick with a 265/75-16. Oh, -12 offset.
Welcome to the forum!
I guess that would all depend on where the molding/trimming would need to happen.

I have been looking at this all day lol Doesn't seem that bad since I have been welding since I was 12. I just dont want to mess with suspension to maintain my powertrain warrenty but the cab mount shouldnt hurt anything and plastic in the wheel well isn't really a class A part so I have no issues with trimming and massaging those. Would the -12 offset create any issues with touching the upper control arm?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to see what to expect before I throw money around. Thanks for all the help so far btw

I have been looking at this all day lol Doesn't seem that bad since I have been welding since I was 12. I just dont want to mess with suspension to maintain my powertrain warrenty but the cab mount shouldnt hurt anything and plastic in the wheel well isn't really a class A part so I have no issues with trimming and massaging those. Would the -12 offset create any issues with touching the upper control arm?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to see what to expect before I throw money around. Thanks for all the help so far btw
My wheels are -12 and I can stick 3 fingers between the 285 and a Total Chaos upper control arm.

Ps... the only thing that wouldn't be covered by your warranty would be something damaged by a part you put on. For instance... you put on a spacer lift and break the strut, obviously they aren't going to replace your strut for free. Your warranty doesn't just vanish. That's just not how it works... 20180704_104726.jpg

Ohh okay. This is my first vehicle to have a warranty. Im used to buying older trucks people have already ragged on.

Back