Is it possible to build an Off Road Taco with Leather seats and...?

Presently drive a JKU. Need a bed to work out of yet still have good off road capabilities. I'd like to get leather seating. Dog hair sticks to cloth. Need locking differential (s)? Talked to two dealerships and no one can tell me if Taco offers front and rear locking differentials. Would like to have 17 inch wheels. I have two sets of mud tires from Jeep days. Maybe accept 16 inch and buy 17 inch rims to put mud tires on?
Do these come with back up cameras? What package?
Also need towing package.
I miss not having a roof rack. How functional/quality are Taco roof racks?
This truck will spend 90% time on road. But when I take it off I want it to perform. If I kept the JK it would be getting front and rear lockers. Tired of getting stuck with wheels spinning.
Sorry I bought that JK. Love my 02 Sequoia with 265k miles. Pretty darn reliable. Is it ok to use the word "Love" on this forum?
Thanks for feed back.

My tacoma has the trd-offroad package with rear locking differential. It is being taken in to put leather on next week. It is possible to work out what you want, but kind of an inconvenience.

Last edited:
Presently drive a JKU. Need a bed to work out of yet still have good off road capabilities. I'd like to get leather seating. Dog hair sticks to cloth. Need locking differential (s)? Talked to two dealerships and no one can tell me if Taco offers front and rear locking differentials. Would like to have 17 inch wheels. I have two sets of mud tires from Jeep days. Maybe accept 16 inch and buy 17 inch rims to put mud tires on?
Do these come with back up cameras? What package?
Also need towing package.
I miss not having a roof rack. How functional/quality are Taco roof racks?
This truck will spend 90% time on road. But when I take it off I want it to perform. If I kept the JK it would be getting front and rear lockers. Tired of getting stuck with wheels spinning.
Sorry I bought that JK. Love my 02 Sequoia with 265k miles. Pretty darn reliable. Is it ok to use the word "Love" on this forum?
Thanks for feed back.
You'll need the Off Road pkg. it has the locking rear dif. You can get the front done but it's a little $$. Not sure if it's available for the 2016's. It will have the back up cam as well. And the wheels are 16's. Hope that helps.

There are plenty of options when it comes to seat covers. If there aren't any available for a '16 yet, be patient. You're in the same boat as millions of other people that want stuff they can't have... :(

I have the 2016 off-road package and I had the dealer install katskin leather seats and they are really nice seats. You can get any color combination you want.

"Is it possible to build a off-road Taco with leather seats"... My local dealership uses these guys: "Katzkin" (hit up their website to see if there is a shop near you who does installs!) to do the leather interior on ANY model Tacoma. I was just checking out an SR5 model they did and it was really nice. If you look at their reviews online - people who have had their seats done swear by the company and many have even went as far as to say that they think it holds up better than factory leather!

Just my .02¢

IMG_4496-2.JPG IMG_4496-2.JPG So bought my 16 Taco Crew Cab 4x4 Sport vs the Limited that comes stock with leather due to the fact I like the looks of the hood. Anyway the dealership uses Katskin as mentioned in a post. I actually talked to the company that instals it and had them add more foam to drivers seat to angle the sitting position more to my needs because they sit pretty flat … They by the way use more foam than the stock seats and are mucho better but plan on paying around 1700+ but I felt totally worth it..

Ha, now all you need to do is wait till this fall... when the 2017 TRD PRO comes out! It comes with all kinds of new goodies, including leather interior!

Katsskin is the bomb.com, a local dealer is putting it i alot of Tacomas, especially the SR5. I asked who did the work and they told me so i called the place and i set up an appointment to have my drivers seat done in my Ford Cargo Van-2011-E-350- Triton V-10. They are going to add extra padding also- the total was $825.00 got 1 seat. I"ll post pics if anybody wants to see,

Back