Just bought a new 2018 Yota

Msrcus1993

I have some 285/75/16 tires off my old truck that I kept and I was wondering can I run that tire on a stock set up? Just lookin for some advice.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new truck.
If I’m not mistaken your max size is:
265 75 R16 and 265 70 R17.
There’s a ton of threads on this topic. You can do a forum search and get a ton of answers.

I have some 285/75/16 tires off my old truck that I kept and I was wondering can I run that tire on a stock set up? Just lookin for some advice.

Thanks
Congrats on the new Tacoma. Welcome to the forum. @Bogunn is right on the biggest tire size stock. You would need a 2.5-3” lift and a lower offset wheel or wheel spacers to fit the 285/75/16. I don’t recommend wheels spacers, I would get a 0 or -6 offset wheel.

Congrats on the new Tacoma. Welcome to the forum. @Bogunn is right on the biggest tire size stock. You would need a 2.5-3” lift and a lower offset wheel or wheel spacers to fit the 285/75/16. I don’t recommend wheels spacers, I would get a 0 or -6 offset wheel.

Thank you for the response. What’s a good website to look for a leveling kit? I just bought those other tires and I plan on running them after the stock one wear out lol

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new truck.
If I’m not mistaken your max size is:
265 75 R16 and 265 70 R17.
There’s a ton of threads on this topic. You can do a forum search and get a ton of answers.

Thank you for the respond good sir

Also what kind of budget are you looking at and are you doing the installation yourself?

Not a very big budget and I’ll most likely do the installation only self
You can do a good 2.5-3” lift for about $1000. Up front OME 887 coils and new shocks either bilstein 5100’s or The OME 90000 or 90021’s you can do the 60000 series in back. If you do the 5100’s I guess the warranty is void on the coils and shocks when paired together so that’s something to think about. Depending on how you want the rake you’ll need a 1-2” AAL or a new leaf pack like Dakar’s in back this will give closer to 2.5” in back and increase the cost they are about $500.
If you are ok with spacers (not the recommended route by most) the Revtek Pro 40013 kit paired with the stock suspension of the off-road is ok. That’s what I have on my 2017 OR and it’s allowed me to run the 285/75/16 KO2’s I wanted and it’s been decent off road in light to moderate situations. It’s an in coil spacer so you’re taking away some up travel, there is minimal damage risk to the 4600’s and the ride quality will suffer some. This set up is about $420 if installed by you. A shop will charge about $200 and that should include an alignment. You’ll want to get an alignment after either option.

Back