Keeping stock rims?

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by tacomaworld, Nov 24, 2014.

1. tacomaworld

tacomaworld Active Member

So I recently bought a 2015 tacoma sr5 v6 4x4. I was thinking of lifting it with bilstien 5100. But I was wondering what some of you more experienced people think about me keeping the stock rims that came with the truck and throwing some good off road tires onto those. I'm new to off roading and etc so I'd appreciate any advice I can receive. Also If I were to keep them what would be the best tire for the buck that I could get for the specific rim on my truck if i had a 3" bilstien lift.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    tacomaworld

Rear end picture

Attached Files:

4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Mine are stock. I don't care what others think.

[​IMG]

yayo11 likes this.
  5. OP
    tacomaworld

What tires would you recommend whippersnapper

6. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

I like my Hankook Dynapro ATMs. Good offroad and great on the street.

7. OffroadTaco4x4

OffroadTaco4x4 Well-Known Member

I have a 6in lift with 35s and stock wheels with 1.25in spacers. Only problem is the wheels arnt really wide enough for the tires

8. TacoTuesday

TacoTuesday New Member

Did you powder coat your rims? I was thinking of doing that to my stock wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum