Keyless entry

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by ecotecin, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ecotecin

ecotecin Well-Known Member

I have a question......

I just recently bought a 2014 tacoma crew base v6, and it came with power locks, but no keyless entry. Is there anyway to add the factory keyless entry by buying an aftermarket kit? Ok that sounded stupid, let me go into better explination, i added cruise control by adding just a switch stalk, and unhooking the negative battery terminal, so im wondering is there anyway to do the same with a keyless entry, like buy the remote and shut the truck off and on and open the door or something in some kind of sequence to make it activate the keyless entry. I really like that keyless entry feature and kind of got spoiled on it from my last car, and the local shops around here want 300 to add keyless entry to it, but they are amazed that it came with power door locks and no keyless entry.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

That's odd. Check your invoice to make sure it's not listed.

4. tacomalimited

tacomalimited 2013 TacomaLimitedDCLB4x4

Man,Toyota don't give you anything for free, do they?Almost every car has keyless entry standard now!

Rambo likes this.
  5. Demo Man

That's what I thought. Lol. I can see not having some things depending on what pkg you got. But dang.

tacomalimited likes this.
  6. OP
    ecotecin

I checked the invoice and it doesn't have it listed on there. Its not a HUGE problem for me, its just kinda nice ya know.

7. Demo Man

I hear ya. Since you have power door locks you could just add a viper system. It would be cheaper then the dealership. And better IMO.

8. OP
    ecotecin

True, but to have it done professionally, so if it screws up its on them, its like 350. Theres only one local shop that does it.

9. Demo Man

Have you tried best buy? I know they install alarms. Just a thought.

10. OP
    ecotecin

Closest one is over 2 hrs away.

11. Demo Man

Dang. Sorry buddy.

12. OP
    ecotecin

Yea, i know

13. parts@toyota

parts@toyota Active Member

Did you but the truck as a used one? I know some people trade in trucks and not turn in the key fobs. You can ask the parts department to run the bin to see if it should have come with the truck. I haven't seen a Tacoma come without the fobs to be honest. I have also seen in some cases where dealers will keep the remotes and install an aftermarket alarm on them. If run the vin if it wasn't purchased brand new

14. OP
    ecotecin

It was purchased brand new, only had about 8 miles on it when i got it. It doesnt say keyless entry on the window sticker, so im assuming it didnt come with it. How does someone connect a keyfob to it, and ill buy one and try and program it to it, just to see.

Rambo likes this.
  15. tacoma2x2

tacoma2x2 New Member

My truck came that way, found key fobs in glove box three days later.im just saying.......

16. OP
    ecotecin

Mine didnt say keyless entry on the sticker on the door. So i would say it doesnt have it.

17. Jcv2112

Jcv2112 Active Member

You can get it on Amazon

18. fyrsail

fyrsail Member

The trucks come with keyless entry if they are equipped with power windows and licks, check around the vehicle or consult your dealer if you cannot find them.

19. OP
    ecotecin

I was kind of wanting the factory keyless.

20. 08tacomacho

08tacomacho Member

Bump.

I just went to the dealer today to get the recall fixed on my 08 I just purchased. Asking them if my car is capable for keyless entry they said it's not equipped with it. I have power locks and what not. Just wondering if there is anyway to find out on my own if it is or not?

21. taco1961

taco1961 New Member

Viper.com

The_Dirty_Dixie likes this.