Keyless entry

ecotecin

I have a question......

I just recently bought a 2014 tacoma crew base v6, and it came with power locks, but no keyless entry. Is there anyway to add the factory keyless entry by buying an aftermarket kit? Ok that sounded stupid, let me go into better explination, i added cruise control by adding just a switch stalk, and unhooking the negative battery terminal, so im wondering is there anyway to do the same with a keyless entry, like buy the remote and shut the truck off and on and open the door or something in some kind of sequence to make it activate the keyless entry. I really like that keyless entry feature and kind of got spoiled on it from my last car, and the local shops around here want 300 to add keyless entry to it, but they are amazed that it came with power door locks and no keyless entry.

I have a question......

I just recently bought a 2014 tacoma crew base v6, and it came with power locks, but no keyless entry. Is there anyway to add the factory keyless entry by buying an aftermarket kit? Ok that sounded stupid, let me go into better explination, i added cruise control by adding just a switch stalk, and unhooking the negative battery terminal, so im wondering is there anyway to do the same with a keyless entry, like buy the remote and shut the truck off and on and open the door or something in some kind of sequence to make it activate the keyless entry. I really like that keyless entry feature and kind of got spoiled on it from my last car, and the local shops around here want 300 to add keyless entry to it, but they are amazed that it came with power door locks and no keyless entry.

That's odd. Check your invoice to make sure it's not listed.

I checked the invoice and it doesn't have it listed on there. Its not a HUGE problem for me, its just kinda nice ya know.

I checked the invoice and it doesn't have it listed on there. Its not a HUGE problem for me, its just kinda nice ya know.

I hear ya. Since you have power door locks you could just add a viper system. It would be cheaper then the dealership. And better IMO.

True, but to have it done professionally, so if it screws up its on them, its like 350. Theres only one local shop that does it.

Did you but the truck as a used one? I know some people trade in trucks and not turn in the key fobs. You can ask the parts department to run the bin to see if it should have come with the truck. I haven't seen a Tacoma come without the fobs to be honest. I have also seen in some cases where dealers will keep the remotes and install an aftermarket alarm on them. If run the vin if it wasn't purchased brand new

It was purchased brand new, only had about 8 miles on it when i got it. It doesnt say keyless entry on the window sticker, so im assuming it didnt come with it. How does someone connect a keyfob to it, and ill buy one and try and program it to it, just to see.

The trucks come with keyless entry if they are equipped with power windows and licks, check around the vehicle or consult your dealer if you cannot find them.

Bump.

I just went to the dealer today to get the recall fixed on my 08 I just purchased. Asking them if my car is capable for keyless entry they said it's not equipped with it. I have power locks and what not. Just wondering if there is anyway to find out on my own if it is or not?

Back