LeapDay 2o24...

Sataro, that is some train layout.
I work for the City of Ennis. It was the northern headquarters of the Southern Pacific railroad. In the early 1900’s, the railroad employed around 1000 workers. Union Pacific bought out Southern Pacific in the early 19990’s. So the city took over the depot & setup a museum. The layout is what the railroad yard looked like. Now there is nothing left but the tracks that you see in the picture. Union Pacific still hauls a lot of freight through here. When I stand out back by the back patio fence I’m roughly 12 ft from the track. Really nice closeups of the trains coming through town. Sometimes when the train switches cars out, they stop with the locomotive parked right outside the back door. Visitors really enjoy seeing a train that close to them…

Thanks! You got me with the community bit there. I first thought was how did you know I was military. Then I reread the line about community.
I had no idea you were in the Military and thanks for your service. Which Branch and MOS/AFSC/Rating ? I see you live and or work in Ennis. What a freaking coincidence, the wife and I just drove through Ennis about 2-hours ago on our weekend getaway to Galveston.

I had a friend that worked as a security guard at GAF roofing shingle factory in Ennis. That place is huge and he said it's one of the largest shingle roofing companies in America. Go figure. And congrats on youor retirement.

Last edited:
Whut is the deL WITH GALVESTON ? ?
A GUY AT THE YOTA DEALER TOLD ME yesterday he wants to move there
Because he sick of the salt
And spent hours cleaning salt off the dealer garage floor tracked in by the vehicles

Whut is the deL WITH GALVESTON ? ?
A GUY AT THE YOTA DEALER TOLD ME yesterday he wants to move there
Because he sick of the salt
And spent hours cleaning salt off the dealer garage floor tracked in by the vehicles
Galveston is beautiful. So is Corpus Christi but Galveston is a lot closer to North Texas. The wife grew up on the New Jersey coast so she has a thing for beeches and cruise ships. :)

4-hours 17-minutes
1709335345623.png

6-hours and 15 minutes
1709335546965.png

Galveston is beautiful. So is Corpus Christi but Galveston is a lot closer to North Texas. The wife grew up on the New Jersey coast so she has a thing for beeches and cruise ships. :)

4-hours 17-minutes
View attachment 43751

6-hours and 15 minutes
View attachment 43752
Looks blazing hot there in the summer
And close to Louisiana, which might be #45 or might not be #45

I had no idea you were in the Military and thanks for your service. Which Branch and MOS/AFSC/Rating ? I see you live and or work in Ennis. What a freaking coincidence, the wife and I just drove through Ennis about 2-hours ago on our weekend getaway to Galveston.

I had a friend that worked as a security guard at GAF roofing shingle factory. That place is huge and he said it's one of the largest shingle roofing companies in America. Go figure. And congrats on youor retirement.
Thanks, you probably came by while I was working this afternoon.
USAF
1977-1983
Security Police-Law Enforcement
Stationed at Shaw AFB, SC for 2 years
Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan for last 4 years

Thanks, you probably came by while I was working this afternoon.
USAF
1977-1983
Security Police-Law Enforcement
Stationed at Shaw AFB, SC for 2 years
Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan for last 4 years
That's awesome. I too did four years as an AF Security Police Officer from 1997-2001 (3PO51) and was stationed at Buckley AFB Colorado. Loved Lackland AFB. As a prior service guy, they put us up in base lodging away from the pipe-line younger Airman living in the barracks. Us six prior service guys got to hang out on the weekends all over that beautiful city, San Antonio.

But my bigger curiosity are those marvelous model trains in your picture. What does something like that cost ?

Which trains did you see? Did you look at a Facebook page & see the brass engines?
I don't have facebook, myspace, twitter, instagram, or any other social media other than tacomaforums.com What I saw was that beautiful layout of your train station/depot/train yard in the picture you posted. So to answer your question, no, i did not see the brass engines.

no crapBook either here

how to survive without it?

i know i did not get them fancy zuckerBUX when they were being dished out :confused:

I was teaching 6th graders MS Office suite. (Word, Spreadsheets & Publisher)
Being the technology guru, I used some of the social media platforms. After retiring, I dropped all social media platforms. I tried using FB, but some of the talk on there tends to piss me off. So I dropped it also. I will use my wife’s FB account to access marketplace when looking to purchase or sell something. Bought my running boards, wheels & tires off of there.
I’m enjoying this forum, my texas hunting forum & my peturning forum.

That's awesome. I too did four years as an AF Security Police Officer from 1997-2001 (3PO51) and was stationed at Buckley AFB Colorado. Loved Lackland AFB. As a prior service guy, they put us up in base lodging away from the pipe-line younger Airman living in the barracks. Us six prior service guys got to hang out on the weekends all over that beautiful city, San Antonio.

But my bigger curiosity are those marvelous model trains in your picture. What does something like that cost ?
The trains you looked at are the smaller “N” gauge. The pricing varies but here are some pics of the pricier locomotives. All in these pics are brass engines. Some are painted but still brass engines. The locomotives can run from $300 to $1000 +…

Attachments

• IMG_2024-03-02-145459.jpg
    IMG_2024-03-02-145459.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2024-03-02-211617.jpg
    IMG_2024-03-02-211617.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 4
The trains you looked at are the smaller “N” gauge. The pricing varies but here are some pics of the pricier locomotives. All in these pics are brass engines. Some are painted but still brass engines. The locomotives can run from $300 to $1000 +…
Wow, those are absolutely beautiful.

That’s quite a few history stamps there!

here is that History stamp
the evap cleaning service made a big difference
nice and cool out on the trails today at nearly 70 degrees on the mighty MO river
truck will be nearly 31 years old the next time this Bonus Day comes around again

LeapDay 2o24 CarFax service.jpg
the

Back