LED bulbs

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by lowpockets49, May 29, 2017.

1. lowpockets49

lowpockets49 New Member

Just replaced tail lights with LEDs Now have Hyper turn signals . How do I correct this issue....I should leave it alone since it don't bother me

texasred likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Usually that means a build is out somewhere.

Bogunn and texasred like this.
  4. OR17TRD

What year and model? Let's see some pictures.

texasred likes this.
  5. tjilek

tjilek New Member

texasred likes this.
  6. Spiff215

Spiff215 Member

When I switched over to LED on my motorcycle, a LED flasher module was needed to correct the flash rate. Is something similar needed for the Taco?

OR17TRD and texasred like this.
  7. tacotaco88

tacotaco88 Member

This is what I used on my 2001 Tacoma.... electronic flasher relay on superbrightleds.com just put in year and all that good stuff. It’s the first step before paying more for resistors.

texasred likes this.
  8. jrct84

jrct84 Well-Known Member

I thought there wasn't a flasher to fix it? I have a 14 Tacoma and I have hyper flash due to changing my turn signals to leds... anything to fix it for my year?

dbergman303 and texasred like this.
  9. badfish_55

badfish_55 New Member

You might need to add in the tailasturn module from diode dynamics with a 50w 9ohm resistor to each side. That's the setup I did and have LEDs for both the brake and turn signal with no issues

texasred likes this.
  10. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

I used the sylvania resisters and they work just fine. I bought them at Autozone but I’m sure you can get them from other places as well.
    IMG_2870.jpg

texasred likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

How many people are going to want to swap out the 2020 OEM LED headlights on their 2016-19 tacos. :D

12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I’ll stick with the projector beams. They are plenty bright.

B-RI, texasred and B-Man like this.
  13. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

Ya.... I prefer the projector beams also.

texasred and Bogunn like this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Absolutely.
    If the truck comes with LED I wouldn’t change them but these Tacoma projector beams in the third gene provide better visibility than any other vehicle I’ve had in a while.
    The headlights on my wife’s Ford Edge SUCK. I love the vehicle but it’s headlights are sadly lacking.

texasred, B-RI and B-Man like this.
  15. Isaac s

Isaac s Member

I'm curious what is hyper light? I assume it means your head blink to fast.

texasred likes this.
  16. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

Correct. When you put led bulbs in your turn signals they hyper flash as if there is a burnt out bulb. Reason being is that the led bulbs do not require enough electricity for the trucks system to recognize that there is a bulb in there.

Isaac s, B-Man and texasred like this.
  17. ToyTaco04

ToyTaco04 Member

This is right. You just need to stick a resistor inline with the LED to add a little more load. You don't need to spend the money on expensive Sylvania branded resistor. A resister is a resister. You can buy a 6 ohm one for $2.