Let’s see your medical kits

I have a first aide kit under the back seat. It’s nothing special like what you have.
What’s in that thing? It looks nice.

With the understanding that I've never used it, I've got mixed reviews on blood clotting items. Read there are issues leading to stroke and cardiac events.

Can you discuss?

With the understanding that I've never used it, I've got mixed reviews on blood clotting items. Read there are issues leading to stroke and cardiac events.

Can you discuss?
I feel like if the use of them are required the risk of death has already been elevated. Risk vs reward. Use of a tourniquet would be my first option to stop bleeding. IF the bleeding continued I would consider use of the blood clotting items. This would also depend on the ETA to the nearest hospital or arrival of the EMT/EMS.
Note: Never remove an impaled object.

Can you discuss?

Sure

We can’t predict what we will roll up on so I like to have things to respond to a trauma. TQs are definitely to stop bleeding on extremities, quick clot or Cellox is to pack a wound and slow down larger bleeds. They do work. I haven’t read anything on one single item that will lead to a stroke or heart attack from these items. Blood loss can definitely open both of those doors. I have seen and used all the above mentioned to save lives. I would rather try and save a life then not

Sure

We can’t predict what we will roll up on so I like to have things to respond to a trauma. TQs are definitely to stop bleeding on extremities, quick clot or Cellox is to pack a wound and slow down larger bleeds. They do work. I haven’t read anything on one single item that will lead to a stroke or heart attack from these items. Blood loss can definitely open both of those doors. I have seen and used all the above mentioned to save lives. I would rather try and save a life then not
+1 to that ^
I got side tracked... I was going to add... although if the wound was on the torso then I would use the blood clotting things.

U got it. In the Dark Kit there is chest seals too and a chest decompression needle. Great kit. Hosting another Dark angel class in my home town. Training is excellent

I have the Toyota first aid kit that came in a 4-Runner years ago that I put in the truck. I’ve restocked it with some essentials. I also have a home made first aid kit/“bug out bag” in the truck.
Maybe it’s the Army Infantry background but I always like to be prepared.
I also keep a toolbox in the bed of the truck with every tool imaginable, tire plug kits, etc. You can never be too prepared.

IMG_0643.JPG

I feel like if the use of them are required the risk of death has already been elevated. Risk vs reward. Use of a tourniquet would be my first option to stop bleeding. IF the bleeding continued I would consider use of the blood clotting items. This would also depend on the ETA to the nearest hospital or arrival of the EMT/EMS.
Note: Never remove an impaled object.

First option to stop bleeding is direct pressure.

I applaud those who have the conviction & the stomach to clean up the carnage that we as humans are going to make...

(EMT's, rescue workers etc: ).. My orthopedic surgeon was a corpsman in Vietnam (2 stays, guy has balls)

& we'd talk quite a bit about his deployments & what he had to deal with in combat & needless to say I'd trust my life with this guy...

I applaud those who have the conviction & the stomach to clean up the carnage that we as humans are going to make...

(EMT's, rescue workers etc: ).. My orthopedic surgeon was a corpsman in Vietnam (2 stays, guy has balls)

& we'd talk quite a bit about his deployments & what he had to deal with in combat & needless to say I'd trust my life with this guy...

My military time was as an Airborne Infantryman. (Paratrooper, Rifleman/Machine Gunner). After I was wounded in Iraq and came home I learned fast that there aren’t any jobs for those skills out here. After scrounging for jobs I ended up going to college and getting into healthcare. Best decision I ever made. Great money and you always have a job anywhere.
It’s beneficial for everyone to have a basic first aide class and BLS class. It can really save a lot of lives.

I have the Toyota first aid kit that came in a 4-Runner years ago that I put in the truck. I’ve restocked it with some essentials. I also have a home made first aid kit/“bug out bag” in the truck.
Maybe it’s the Army Infantry background but I always like to be prepared.
I also keep a toolbox in the bed of the truck with every tool imaginable, tire plug kits, etc. You can never be too prepared.

View attachment 14084

I got one out of a Hyundai Santa Fe.. Just need to learn S. Korean.....:oops:

My military time was as an Airborne Infantryman. (Paratrooper, Rifleman/Machine Gunner). After I was wounded in Iraq and came home I learned fast that there aren’t any jobs for those skills out here. After scrounging for jobs I ended up going to college and getting into healthcare. Best decision I ever made. Great money and you always have a job anywhere.
It’s beneficial for everyone to have a basic first aide class and BLS class. It can really save a lot of lives.

I have a buddy that was a "Gunny" in the corps. & he too found out his expertise & skills weren't so transferable either...

Back