Lift kit

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Tacomaguy62, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Tacomaguy62

Tacomaguy62 New Member

So I have a 16 Tacoma sr access cab 4wd. Looking for a lift kit. Pondering the idea of a 4 inch lift with a set of 32s. Wondering if I'll have any clearance issues, or any other issues such as with drive axles, rear end gears, etc.. thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

First post, welcome!
    Most lifts you find will prob be 2-3 inches, over that requires cutting a crossmember and much more work and $.
    Bilstein 5100's seem to be popular with an AAL for the rear.
    A 285/75-16 is probably what you're looking for, good chance it'll rub the upper control arms so need more negative offset wheels or... spacers... Might as well research the cab mount chop while your at it...

B-Man and OR17TRD like this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

:eek:
    @MoldyTaco

5. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

B-Man likes this.
  6. OP
    Tacomaguy62

Tacomaguy62 New Member

I narrowed in on the 3 inch lift, decided that's my best option for now. Now the other questions are with wheel and tires. Currently have a 16x7 wheel. Looking to go up to a 17x8, just not sure about fitment. Definitely want to stick with 285s for tires

7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Stay around +4 to -6 offset and fitment should be good.