Lift tires gears

I am wanting to lift my 2011 Tacoma trd. I have thought about 35s. I know when I went to 35s and then 37s on my diesel I had no problems power wise. With the v6 Tacoma does anyone on here have an advice on how high I will have to lift it to clear 35s at full compression and what gears would be needed to pull them comfortably?

I am wanting to lift my 2011 Tacoma trd. I have thought about 35s. I know when I went to 35s and then 37s on my diesel I had no problems power wise. With the v6 Tacoma does anyone on here have an advice on how high I will have to lift it to clear 35s at full compression and what gears would be needed to pull them comfortably?
Well as far as I know, yes if your putting 35's on your Tacoma YOU NEED TO REGEAR. some people don't but they'll regret it when their tranny gives out. As for the lift 6 in is usually recommended, but what I would do (and this is just me), I would do like a 3-4 in lift and add the 35's and kinda cut the fender to make it fit. I don't like my truck lifted more than 4 in personally. I think that'll just be a better look. But in short, yes re gear for 35's

I was thinking 6 to make sure they fit yes but I could trim a little to make them fit. Personally I like a smaller lift with tires that fill up the space I don't like 8 inch lift on 33s for for example. If you know what I mean

Also remember the higher the lift, the less center of gravity you'll have. And that is crucial when your off road.

Back