Lift.

apr97

I bought a 3” leveling kit for my truck about a year ago. I now want too be up higher without really busting the bank. Can I buy 3 or 4 “ lift shocks and struts and mount the spacers from the leveling kit on them? Would I need to get leaf springs as well?

Do you plan on converting your cv's? Cause you'll rip boots almost instantly due to the aggressive angle they'll be in. I've been in a taco with 4" body lift jacked up suspension and it was awful. Looked cool, but handled like shopping cart full of bowling balls headed down a flight of stairs.

Stacking lifts is not a good idea and you can’t in most cases. You will need a drop bracket lift if you are 4wd. You can use a spindles or a drop braket lift for a prerunner. Stacking lifts with spindles is possible.

Spindles and drop braket lifts are not cheap. Don’t use spacers.

Reactions: 4wd
These trucks are best at 3” or lower IMO I wouldn’t lift a Tacoma more than 3” or put bigger than 285/75/16 on. Beyond that it’s $$$ and issues.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

& I'll add to use caution when going over 3" on Tacomas (1st gens anyway) either on road or off road it doesn't take much to put them on their roofs when lifted too high for the geometry of the suspension (body lifts/strut spacers/etc:) All these can make a "top heavy" condition in a turn ...

Just and a 1inch body lift along with ur lift and it will still handle pretty well

Ok then if u say so if you want to be higher and don’t care how it looks then send it

But u can fit bigger tires on it and it can look good if u do it right
Biggest tire that should go on one of these is a 285/75/16, 285/70/17 285/65/18. 20” wheels look silly on these trucks they are to small and any bigger tire you’re going to have to start cutting up the truck. You can fit that size tire on with a 2.5-3” suspension lift which actually gives you increases ability on and off road. And you’ll still probably have some running at full lock and off road at times. Also any bigger you’re getting into gearing issues, UCA angle issues and more $$$. It’s your truck and you do what you want to with it. Just know what you’re getting into.

Back