List of items to be checked for first 5k maintenance

mcliebermam

I'm approaching my 5k oil change and maintenance. I see a number of things that need to be checked. The list I have is check the transmission fluid level and rear differential for leaking. What other items should I I get looked at?

There is a TSB just out on the tranny. I'm getting it done tomorrow. It's supposed to fix the delay from R to D, cruise control and hard 1st to 2nd shift. I've read many reviews on it and it seems to work.

Has that tsb the first day it came out. Got lucky and was there already 3 days before going on a 3800 mile trip to Yellowstone with my 2200 lbs popup camper. I do think it did help with the non returning up shift with cruse control issues. My truck has 8200 miles on it now after the trip. I installed a set of sumosprings a week earlier. I like the way it road on the trip. It added a 3/8 to 1/2 lift in the back and just a very little firmer ride. And the trans and diff oil was fine

Has that tsb the first day it came out. Got lucky and was there already 3 days before going on a 3800 mile trip to Yellowstone with my 2200 lbs popup camper. I do think it did help with the non returning up shift with cruse control issues. My truck has 8200 miles on it now after the trip. I installed a set of sumosprings a week earlier. I like the way it road on the trip. It added a 3/8 to 1/2 lift in the back and just a very little firmer ride. And the trans and diff oil was fine
Did you add the 500lb or 1000lb SumoSprings?

If you go by what toyota claims for their 5k mile multi point inspection, its everything from a cabin filter, and all lights to the brakes, and tire thread depth wear....an entire page of stuff.

Back