Little bird under the hood

plaster

Not really a bird but that’s how the lady said it sounds. I took it to dealership because it sounds like a bearing or whistling sound under the hood . It sounds like the high pressure fuel pump under the hood making a sound , the warranty just about up they said they are going to replace it , but I wonder if it’s going to fix it fore good . It sounds like a design flaw that might come back. . I guarantee if you have the 3.5 l at some point you will be dealing with it mine start at 90k.

Not really a bird but that’s how the lady said it sounds. I took it to dealership because it sounds like a bearing or whistling sound under the hood . It sounds like the high pressure fuel pump under the hood making a sound , the warranty just about up they said they are going to replace it , but I wonder if it’s going to fix it fore good . It sounds like a design flaw that might come back. . I guarantee if you have the 3.5 l at some point you will be dealing with it mine start at 90k.

What model Toyota is it in? Is it a known issue for that model?

What model Toyota is it in? Is it a known issue for that model?
I think he’s talking about his 2016 Tacoma 3.5L that has 90k miles on it. At least I hope so because he’s on a Tacoma forum posting in the third gen thread.

So they are going to replace the fuel pump?

Checked out google lots of people complain about same thing . Truck seams to run fine but the sound sucks!!

I think he’s talking about his 2016 Tacoma 3.5L that has 90k miles on it. At least I hope so because he’s on a Tacoma forum posting in the third gen thread.

The 3.5 has been used in other Toyota/Lexus vehicles (even if not in the same Atkinson form) that’s why I was asking. Lol. A lot of people post about their other Toyota’s on here. I haven’t heard of any other issues with the fuel pump but there’s not many gen threes with over 90k yet either.

The 3.5 has been used in other Toyota/Lexus vehicles (even if not in the same Atkinson form) that’s why I was asking. Lol. A lot of people post about their other Toyota’s on here. I haven’t heard of any other issues with the fuel pump but there’s not many gen threes with over 90k yet either.
Something to look forward to. Glad I have an 8 yr 125k mile warranty.

Checked out google lots of people complain about same thing . Truck seams to run fine but the sound sucks!!

I’ve seen where people have complained about the sound but I’m not aware of any failures. At least they are going to replace it for you.

I only have factory warranty lol. Warranties are overrated. They always find something to blame it on. At least with my experience

I just got my 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport back from the dealer. They said that chirping noise was the High Pressure Fuel Pump. They took it to the mechanic and a day later the sound is gone. Hope you can get it fixed too because it is 1. Annoying and 2. Embarrassing.

I just got my 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport back from the dealer. They said that chirping noise was the High Pressure Fuel Pump. They took it to the mechanic and a day later the sound is gone. Hope you can get it fixed too because it is 1. Annoying and 2. Embarrassing.

Glad it quit chirping for ya. Welcome to the forum.

You should have just waved to everyone. Haha

They fixed the the pump fore now . But they checked the rear diff on the truck fore the recall to check the bolts. They told me the recall has expanded to leaks and they said my n was leaking so they are ordering the part and I get a free diff service [emoji2].

Back