Longer rear shocks for AAL?

Taco-Maker TMMTX

Do you really need longer shocks with an AAL set? Not rock crawling or trail riding. Mostly street. Looking at Icon Expansion Pack 1-1/2" to 2" lift.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Taco Forum mobile app

No you should not. I did a progressive AAL and left my overload spring in. Although my stock trd billies were pretty much stretched to the max, the still fit and worked. That said I installed some fox 2.0s today and they seem like a big improvement.

I already have longer Bilstein shocks from my 6.5 lift. (4" blocks in the rear). I don't know how much longer they are than my stock Bilsteins, I had the kit installed by a professional. So I still will need even longer rear shocks? The current shocks installed are in the picture below.
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1414386238.016773.jpg

Ok. Is there a rule of thumb on selecting a longer shock? Example: lifting rear of truck 5.5" so new shock should have a (___)" longer collapsed or extended shock.
Does the new shock need to be the amount of lift longer than stock length?

Just meant, by your first post I thought your truck was stock. I did not realize you had it all jacked up already. I have a set of rough country 6 inch rear shocks sitting here if you want them. Bolted them on and found out they would not work for me. $20 plus shipping and you can have them. :)

For a 6" lift? So a 4" lift for the rear correct? That's what I have currently. It's a 6.5" front lift and 4" rear. But it sits a little high in the front. That's why I'm trying to lift back a little more. That's probably the same size I have now. Can you give me fully extended and collapsed measurements?

Extended they are just over 30 inches eye to eye. Collapsed they are 18.5 inches eye to eye. Being honest though. You do not really want these things. Rough country hard parts are okay but the shocks they use are low quality. I talked to them on the phone and he told me they use the same shock for both there 4 and 6 inch lift. If you really want them they are yours but I would seriously try to get a set of bilsteins or fox or something. My friend is stacking a 4 inch on top of his three inch right now and I think he said he was getting a set of 5160 billies. Paid less than $200 for them.

Back