Love the Truck...Hate the Hood!

nice to see someone older than me on here, next yr I hope to get a 2020 Tacoma , my first toyota ever, I will be 63 then...test drove a SR5 4x4 dblcab saturday, Love it, I am still young at heart with electronics and cars, also ride 5000 miles a year on my bicycles. cant wait to get one

nice to see someone older than me on here, next yr I hope to get a 2020 Tacoma , my first toyota ever, I will be 63 then...test drove a SR5 4x4 dblcab saturday, Love it, I am still young at heart with electronics and cars, also ride 5000 miles a year on my bicycles. cant wait to get one
Look forward to seeing photos.

My wife rides about the same on her bike she puts more miles on her bike than her car lol!

2019 SR5, no intermittent wipers??? First thing I had to install. How can they make any new vehicle without intermittent wipers??

2019 SR5, no intermittent wipers??? First thing I had to install. How can they make any new vehicle without intermittent wipers??

Haha. You’ll get used to it. You can fix if it drives you crazy by replacing the control switch/arm. It isn’t really that expensive or hard.
I thought that the SR5 had intermittent wipers and it was only the SR that didn’t.

It is the only model without. None of the base models from the first gen up have had them.
Still unbelievable and pretty absurd to me... some A-hole trying to make people spend money for extra things they don't need just to prevent themselves from having a seizure when it's a misty/ foggy morning... It's really not an expensive technology once so ever...
The 1977 F150 XLT that I built for Dad had intermittent wipers... they were extremely useful when I was driving it as a DD for winter and spring in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas before I gave it to him... lolIMG_3715~2.jpg

Still unbelievable and pretty absurd to me... some A-hole trying to make people spend money for extra things they don't need just to prevent themselves from having a seizure when it's a misty/ foggy morning... It's really not an expensive technology once so ever...
The 1977 F150 XLT that I built for Dad had intermittent wipers... they were extremely useful when I was driving it as a DD for winter and spring in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas before I gave it to him... lolView attachment 27787

Haha. I heard that. When I got my first Tacoma (a 2002 base 4x4) it didn’t have intermittent wipers. I was a little dumbfounded. My 84 Bronco had them. Lol. You get used to it though. Annoying in a standard shift for sure though.
RenderedContent-51F82BC6-7DE7-4B7E-BF8B-3C38E6AE70A8.JPG

Back