Low beam headlights do not work

Shawn Woods

My headlights just went out the other day. All lights work with the exception of the headlights (low beam). I checked the fuses and both are good. Bulbs are good also. I checked voltage at the fuses and there is nothing. Both of the high beams have 12 volts. I even switched the fuses from the high and low beam and the high still works, low does not. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

My headlights just went out the other day. All lights work with the exception of the headlights (low beam). I checked the fuses and both are good. Bulbs are good also. I checked voltage at the fuses and there is nothing. Both of the high beams have 12 volts. I even switched the fuses from the high and low beam and the high still works, low does not. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

I may be wrong..... Could be relay?
Is there a high low relay in the fuse box?
If so tap it with screwdriver handle and try it

I'd check relays and as odd as it sounds the bulbs also.. a quick Google search showed SOME people having both low beam filaments burn out at nearly the same time.

YMMV, but I had a thing happen recently... driver side low beam didn’t work. First I jiggled the connection and it came back, so I disconnected, applied electrical grease, and reconnected. Worked for 10 min or so. Eventually I realized if I pulled the connector back just a bit, it would stay on.

So make sure you haven’t “over inserted” the connector. (No innuendos needed.)

There is no logical reason for this fix to work, but it worked. That’s all I’m saying.

YMMV, but I had a thing happen recently... driver side low beam didn’t work. First I jiggled the connection and it came back, so I disconnected, applied electrical grease, and reconnected. Worked for 10 min or so. Eventually I realized if I pulled the connector back just a bit, it would stay on.

So make sure you haven’t “over inserted” the connector. (No innuendos needed.)

There is no logical reason for this fix to work, but it worked. That’s all I’m saying.

My favorite fixes. Lol hard to know what went wrong. Glad you have it handled. Thanks for the write up

Back