Lower Ball joint replacement

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by MoldyTaco, Mar 12, 2019.

1. MoldyTaco

MoldyTaco Member

I would like suggestions on what part brand is ok to use for my lower ball joint assembly. I have an 04 TRD SR5 Prerunner.
    So far I bought proforged inner and outer tie rods and might as well do the lower ball joints while I'm down there. O'Reilly has Import Direct OEM brand for 79 each or I can get the Toyota OEM ones for 260 for the pair. I know this is a crucial point on these trucks, but would an aftermarket OEM part lower ball joint be ok? I like the idea, because it's a lifetime warranty and they replace them when it's gets worn. I just don't want my tire falling off on the freeway lol
    I also do not baby the truck, I live in Tucson and I tear this **** up sideways on trails weekly so what would be the best fit?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. skeezix

skeezix Member

For ball joints one should always pop for the Genuine Toyota Part. I know they are expensive; however, there have been too many ball joint failures with aftermarket ones over the last 15-20 years.

4. OP
    MoldyTaco

MoldyTaco Member

alright thank you that's what I figured, I am ordering those now so hopefully it will be a smooth install

5. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

You might like the looks of this for bashing purposes...

https://www.solomotorsports.com/sho...toyota-1-lower-uniball-heim-steering-upgrade/

6. OP
    MoldyTaco

MoldyTaco Member

Crawdad likes this.