Lubricate propeller shaft interval

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Taco Slinger 4000, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha. For sure.
    You’re hard core if you’re polishing your shaft with brake cleaner. Most use lotion.....

B-Man and whippersnapper02 like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

CE9409EB-6773-428B-AB02-CB31462E52AB.gif

SCH, B-Man, Bogunn and 1 other person like this.
  4. jrct84

jrct84 Well-Known Member

Where is the fitting to grease the fan?

5. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

There's not fitting for the fan and only 4wds (2nd gens) have driveshaft fittings.

B-Man likes this.
  6. jrct84

jrct84 Well-Known Member

I have a 2014 4wd how do you lubricate the fan? Because it says it in the owners Manual

7. jdr3366

jdr3366 Well-Known Member

Is there a upgrade I'm not aware of. I don't think I have a propeller attached to my Taco.

But these guys do. Or should.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Bogunn, OR17TRD and whippersnapper02 like this.
  8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

That’s awsome. Those are heavy enough they don’t need props just keep it gassed.

Bogunn likes this.
  9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

In Iraq in 2003 there were a plethora of old Soviet era Russian 5 ton size trucks around that we would “borrow” to get around. Those things rode like gut wagons but were impossible to kill.

Montague likes this.