Mpg

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Lnu Taco, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Lnu Taco

Lnu Taco Active Member

How many miles to a full tank? I got 416 or 670km to a tank is that good or average?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

If that's from full to dead empty it would be 19.7 mpg. The gen three Tacoma has a 21.1 gallon tank.
    That's average for most trucks I guess in a 4wd with daily driving.
    I live in West Virginia where there are no level areas or straight roads hardly and that's about what I get. I've gotten as high as 24.5 mpg on trips.

Lnu Taco likes this.
  4. rosemeadblvd

rosemeadblvd Well-Known Member

Not sure about that, but I got 21 mpg if I travel on highway at 70 mile speed.

Lnu Taco likes this.
  5. OP
    Lnu Taco

Lnu Taco Active Member

Yeah full to empty. I didn't actually drive til empty. Got like 60 miles left.
    Thanks for the response.

Bogunn likes this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I've got a 2017 TRD OR DCLB 3" lift with 285/75/16 BFG KO2's. I'm lucky if I can squeeze 300 miles on a tank. I'm more around the 260 miles a tank. 400+ isn't bad.

Lnu Taco likes this.
  7. OP
    Lnu Taco

Lnu Taco Active Member

I was thinking bout putting on that size tire to. How do you like the ko2's? I had duratracs on my old ranger and I didn't mind them. Sold the truck when I got the tacoma 20170716_195442.jpg

8. OR17TRD

I love them. They work well for me and I'd recommend them.

Lnu Taco likes this.
  9. OP
    Lnu Taco

Lnu Taco Active Member

How are they in winter?

10. OR17TRD

Great in snow and rain. I've been using BFG's for a long time and they have always been a good tire for me.

Lnu Taco likes this.
  11. I'm with ORD17TRD on the MPG's.. 250-300 ,miles per tank. I do drive with three inches of lift and 285/70/17 tires.

Lnu Taco likes this.
  12. MVMike

MVMike Active Member

Averaging 21 to 23 mpg per fill up. Freeway speeds are typically 70-75 mph. 27K mi. now. 21 mos. old.

Lnu Taco likes this.
  13. Harry Lee

Harry Lee Member

My 2016 averages 21 mpg. It gets 430-445 miles per tankful. Very happy. IMG_0006.jpg

Lnu Taco likes this.
  14. CH Luke

CH Luke Member

New '17 running 22 of the 32 miles of my commute at 85mph on first tank with TRD Sport 6MT right at 19mpg. Monitoring the "green" app it looks like if I slowed to 75mph it would be about 22mpg. This is Michigan though so 75mph could be dangerous.

Lnu Taco likes this.
  15. OR17TRD

It might improve some as the truck breaks in and gets use to how you drive. Welcome to the forum.

Lnu Taco likes this.
  16. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

I'm getting around 17 mpg highway but I also have been driving 50% hills around 4%-6% grade. Springfield mo. To Branson mo. It depends on road surface and environment. I'm basically getting 340 miles to a tank.

Bogunn likes this.
  17. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Wow first post I've ever seen with someone in sw Missouri. I live near Joplin

18. Tacoman112

Tacoman112 Well-Known Member

Before lift was avg 20mpg. After 3" lift and tires down to 17.2mpg

19. mcklovin77

Greetings fellow taco owner. There's no better place to be than the good ole' Ozarks.

kp.taco likes this.
  20. mcklovin77

Just bought some cosmetics add-ons for the truck. Bought the Trd 4×4 off road vinyl windshield sticker in inferno orange. Since the truck came with the predator side steps I found a 3 in round predator decal to stick on there. I had to get the black lettering for the tailgate. Also purchased the trd side headlight vinyl wraps and the trd brake light wrap. Found a neat set of Trd seatbelt covers. Purchased all of it for 65$. I didn't want to go overboard. I thought they were much needed.

21. mcklovin77

I'm debating on plastic dipping the grill black but leaving the toyota badge chrome or use the inferno orange decal..any ideas?