ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1377840022.582424.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1377839952.405058.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1377839952.405058.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 229
  • ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1377840039.710279.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1377840039.710279.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 243
Does the plastic dip really hold up? And does it come in any other colors I need that silver mica so I can paint that cheesy chrome grille and paint the insert black those pics look fricking sweet looks great man

Does the plastic dip really hold up? And does it come in any other colors I need that silver mica so I can paint that cheesy chrome grille and paint the insert black those pics look fricking sweet looks great man

I've had it on my emblems for like 6-7 months now and it hasn't started peeling or anything and I pressure wash my truck with a 1500psi washer every weekend. You can order any color from dipyourcar.com

I've had it on my emblems for like 6-7 months now and it hasn't started peeling or anything and I pressure wash my truck with a 1500psi washer every weekend. You can order any color from dipyourcar.com

Thanks looks great I can't wait and you had no problems painting over the chrome surround?

Nope, I just taped off a square about one inch away from each emblem on all sides and made sure I cover the whole box and emblem with the plasti dip then the excess just peeled right off

Bought some plastidip. Are there any precautions or tips for painting all of the badges? Anything you messed up that I should watch for? New black truck and aerosol black dip.

What is the procedure to accomplish this? How do you take off the badges to spray them or do you leave on? Looking for some step by steps so I can do this. Thanks everyone!

As posted earlier, just tape around the edges of the emblems leaving about 1 inch exposed. If you tape directly onto the emblems you risk peeling the finished product off the badge itself. Once you start spraying coats, spray in an even pass and don't try to go to heavy all at once. It could end up bubbling or forming drips. Apply as many coats as you see fit. The product dries extremely fast yet I would recommend letting t sit over night to fully cure. Once you're satisfied with the how many coats you have applied, start peeling around the badges. It will naturally etch itself out around the badge itself. Use a toothpick to get inside the "A"s and "O"s. Just rub off any overspray with your fingers and you're done!

As posted earlier, just tape around the edges of the emblems leaving about 1 inch exposed. If you tape directly onto the emblems you risk peeling the finished product off the badge itself. Once you start spraying coats, spray in an even pass and don't try to go to heavy all at once. It could end up bubbling or forming drips. Apply as many coats as you see fit. The product dries extremely fast yet I would recommend letting t sit over night to fully cure. Once you're satisfied with the how many coats you have applied, start peeling around the badges. It will naturally etch itself out around the badge itself. Use a toothpick to get inside the "A"s and "O"s. Just rub off any overspray with your fingers and you're done!

Thanks Colorado I'm new to this so I appreciate the help. For the grill though how would I do it? Do I have to spray the whole grill cause it's all plastic or will it just stick to the emblem? Thanks

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions here. I'm a Tremclad BBQ paint (matte / flat black) for all my steelie rims (3 x Rav4's) and my son's 2007 Access cab. He calls those black factory steelies: Murder! Pure Murder. Okay, that works for me as a compliment.

Each spring or every second spring I touch up the matte black around the rims, wheel nuts and we are good to go!

Cheers,

Barney

Thanks Colorado I'm new to this so I appreciate the help. For the grill though how would I do it? Do I have to spray the whole grill cause it's all plastic or will it just stick to the emblem? Thanks

It will stick to the grill as well. I would suggest using newspaper or ripped garbage bag to cover the rest of the grill that you don't want painted. If not you will be spending a lot of time peeling off the paint. Otherwise paint the whole grill!
Just for good measure place a piece of card board between the grill and the radiator fins to prevent any over spray on that.

took grill guard off to get powder coated black, took off chrome accents on mirrors and door handles, and plasti dipped black the badges and chrome rims

Attachments

• 1407899169104.jpg
    1407899169104.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 136
took grill guard off to get powder coated black, took off chrome accents on mirrors and door handles, and plasti dipped black the badges and chrome rims

Where did you get those head lights

2014 TRD, Stage 4 Icon Suspension, Toyo 33 A/T, Method Mesh 16inch Wheels, Apex 30" LED light bar

I ordered them straight from the manufacturer which is Anzo and they're called the Anzo Eagle Eyes. They came with a 1 year warranty and I went ahead and put 8k HIDs in em and I just light up the road lol

Back