Music Auto plays when I adjust volume on 2018 Tacoma

kotaron

I came across this forum looking to fix a technical issue I am having with the my Entune settings in my 2018 Tacoma that I cant figure out.

I noticed that my music will automatically start playing when I adjust the volume on my Tacoma display. Its very inconvenient when I am trying to listen to my navigation and all of a sudden I have to hear music come on. Is there any way to disable this feature? I'm fairly tech savvy but maybe there is something i missed in my iPhone or car settings.

Looking forward to hearing and getting to know you guys. Thanks in advance

I came across this forum looking to fix a technical issue I am having with the my Entune settings in my 2018 Tacoma that I cant figure out.

I noticed that my music will automatically start playing when I adjust the volume on my Tacoma display. Its very inconvenient when I am trying to listen to my navigation and all of a sudden I have to hear music come on. Is there any way to disable this feature? I'm fairly tech savvy but maybe there is something i missed in my iPhone or car settings.

Every time I get in. My music plays from my library on my iPhone. I can’t figure out a way to stop that as well. Anyone out there know if it’s something we have to deal with?

Every time I get in. My music plays from my library on my iPhone. I can’t figure out a way to stop that as well. Anyone out there know if it’s something we have to deal with?

It shouldn’t unless your truck audio is already on with Bluetooth selected.

Welcome to the forum.
First off, your navigation prompts will override any music and/or phone call you are on. The volume adjustment for your navigation is under settings, not the volume button. Also, you will get the prompt in your Driver Information Display when an upcoming turn is imminent.

Second, this shouldn’t happen unless you already have audio/music on. If you are selecting the option of increasing or decreasing volume more than likely you are activating music.

Hope this helps.

@Bogunn knows his entune system.
Welcome to the forum.

Back