My first Tacoma!

It’s rj

Hey everyone! Looking to close on my first Tacoma, 2019 model. Got it down to a black 4d sport and maybe, just maybe a white pro! The sport has the premium package, tech & 3 piece top on the bed (these better than aftermarket?)-the pro has no options added and it’s quite awesome.
These are at 2 different dealers- the pro would be roughly $4200 more. I’m hoping to drive this for many years...which would you do? Is the pro a Tacoma you could drive maybe 10 years?
Thanks all!

Welcome to the family. Test drive them both, extensively, and figure out which one fits you best. Ride comfort wise, because they will ride differently based on their suspension. If this is a truck you're gonna keep you want to make sure you'll be happy with the ride comfort 5 years down the road, not just the branding.

Welcome to the family. Test drive them both, extensively, and figure out which one fits you best. Ride comfort wise, because they will ride differently based on their suspension. If this is a truck you're gonna keep you want to make sure you'll be happy with the ride comfort 5 years down the road, not just the branding.

Thank you! This is what I’m doing with the color choice- I like the cement & blue but not sure I would like them for 6 years.
The only thing I’m thinking with the pro, is the exhaust drone. I’m going back this morning. I think there’s more $ to get out of the dealer with the pro, the sport gave me their best (they’ve offered me $1000 less on my trade too)

Last edited:
Thank you! This is what I’m doing with the color choice- I like the cement & blue but not sure I would like them for 6 years.
The only thing I’m thinking with the pro, is the exhaust drone. I’m going back this morning. I think there’s more $ to get out of the dealer with the pro, the sport gave me their best (they’ve offered me $1000 less on my trade too)

Play the game. I’m sure you will be happy with either. But like everyone has said it’s up to you and what feels right. Have fun with picking out your new ride.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I went with a white pro! Funny story, funny now-nightmare at the time, we were in financing and the finance guy needed a little more time- no problem. My salesman says let’s go over the features of the Tacoma and give the guy a few minutes. I was moving stuff over from my trade and noticed some side wall scuffing on the wheel, salesman says I’ll get someone now to clean it up- maybe it’s some mud/dirt. Then I noticed the flat black fender trim was damaged! The porter hit something with the Tacoma and didn’t say anything!! Luckily they had 2 identical and I told them I wanted the other one, told the finance guy to stop where he was and change the vin. Crazy-who knows if they would’ve believed me had I taken if home.
Anyway, long story-all I got is the dealer pic for right now. Dealership sucked all the life out of me.

Attachments

• E27BC09E-502D-4BED-8093-48C1A55A6399.jpeg
    E27BC09E-502D-4BED-8093-48C1A55A6399.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 61
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I went with a white pro! Funny story, funny now-nightmare at the time, we were in financing and the finance guy needed a little more time- no problem. My salesman says let’s go over the features of the Tacoma and give the guy a few minutes. I was moving stuff over from my trade and noticed some side wall scuffing on the wheel, salesman says I’ll get someone now to clean it up- maybe it’s some mud/dirt. Then I noticed the flat black fender trim was damaged! The porter hit something with the Tacoma and didn’t say anything!! Luckily they had 2 identical and I told them I wanted the other one, told the finance guy to stop where he was and change the vin. Crazy-who knows if they would’ve believed me had I taken if home.
Anyway, long story-all I got is the dealer pic for right now. Dealership sucked all the life out of me.
Congrats on the Pro!

Congratulations dude. Look at the back flip a lot of people love them
Thanks, going to dig into them a bit more tonight. Initially I was thinking a tyger, maybe the roll up model. Liked the one handle release in the back rather than two handles to release the cover- I do want to check that the tailgate can open/close without releasing the top though.
Any suggestions are appreciated to help me not regret a cover purchase!

Back