My new '15!

Looks a bit like mine (I have had it just over a week) but I wasted no time in applying a few mods...

Attachments

• 1432749547157.jpg
    1432749547157.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 106
But don't get too used to how smooth it rides if you plan on lifting it haha. Congrats! That color was the best decision I made

Looking at exact truck tomorrow but wondering if I should wait for the 2016's.
Consider this for what it is worth from a new purchaser of a 2015. The body is changing somewhat, so gen II parts probably won't fit, meaning it will be a while before vendors decide to tool up to support it. It will be the first run of a new model, so probably a few new issues will crop up, whereas the gen II production has been pretty well shook down. Engine may be a bit more powerful, but will it be enough to really outweigh the unknown aspects? Oh, and you can pick up a 2015 today... Just my $0.02 worth and what I considered when I bought mine last month.

Consider this for what it is worth from a new purchaser of a 2015. The body is changing somewhat, so gen II parts probably won't fit, meaning it will be a while before vendors decide to tool up to support it. It will be the first run of a new model, so probably a few new issues will crop up, whereas the gen II production has been pretty well shook down. Engine may be a bit more powerful, but will it be enough to really outweigh the unknown aspects? Oh, and you can pick up a 2015 today... Just my $0.02 worth and what I considered when I bought mine last month.
I agree. I'm waiting to see one in person. Even if I did like it I would wait a couple of years. Like you said. Parts and etc. let them work the bugs out.

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1435782430.822838.jpg
Bought her yesterday
4x4 trd doublecab
Only think I need to add Is some rock sliders, similar to the ace engineering ones on my rubicon wrangler
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1435782663.771227.jpg
Don't like factory ones, but would like ones that bolt to the frame using factory bolts

View attachment 6005
Bought her yesterday
4x4 trd doublecab
Only think I need to add Is some rock sliders, similar to the ace engineering ones on my rubicon wrangler
View attachment 6006
Don't like factory ones, but would like ones that bolt to the frame using factory bolts
A lot of them bolt to under the cab. There are plastic screws you take out and the side steps bolt right in. The only ones I see are rock sliders that weld to the frame.

Thanks for your reply demo man
Coming from the jeep side, I thought there was more functional bolt on protection. My ace sliders are bolt on and will take the entire weight of my rubicon against a rock. I want protection for the under carriage of my Tacoma without compromising clearance , and I would like to bolt it on.

Thanks for your reply demo man
Coming from the jeep side, I thought there was more functional bolt on protection. My ace sliders are bolt on and will take the entire weight of my rubicon against a rock. I want protection for the under carriage of my Tacoma without compromising clearance , and I would like to bolt it on.
No problem. Anytime. And I was wrong (it happens from time to time). There are bolt on sliders. Just google bolt on rock sliders for Tacoma.

Back