Nav Lockout Override on 2017 Tacoma anyone?

Knucklegrumble

I am aware of all the splicing and plugging and cutting gimmicks out there to cut the signal from the speedometer to the head unit I am just wondering if there is a software way of disabling the navigation and phone lockout while the car is moving. I found that in older versions of Entune system you could access to the option from the volume menu tapping opposite corners of the touchscreen to access a secret menu with the override option but tha volume menu is apparently gone from the new Entune System... Does anyone know how to get there? I have the premium JBL version with no hardware buttons..

There are a couple of hardware ways to do this without cutting wires. One is the Beat Sonic TVK-66 EP and another is the VAIS Tech VLM-77. These plug into the existing wiring. Each cost right at $140 on-line. I just started to explore options so there may be more out there but at least it's a start.

On Monday I was driving and my passenger was entering gps info. I have a 2017 OR with the entune not JBL. Should I not be able to enter new gps info while driving? I haven't tried to do it without a passenger. I wonder if there is a sensor in the passengers seat that unlocks it? Just thinking out load... :eek:

Doesn't work on mine! And I'm not crazy about spending $140 to make it work. I understand the problem with distracted driving and all but having to stop to allow my passenger enter data is a pain.

I was driving by myself and while driving my nav is locked out on new address input. The point of interest and the previous locations are still available to use. Just can't put in a new address while driving. Next time I have a passenger I'll check if that's the case. I wasn't really paying attention to what she was doing last Monday.

Back