Need help with with missfire

peedeeyota

Hey everyone,

just lookin to get a little help with my 2000 2.7 tacoma with 180000 miles. I have a missfire at idle that seems to go away under load and while cruising. I have missfire codes P0300 Random miss, P0301 cyl 1 miss, and P0302 cyl 2 miss. I know with a cyl 1 and 2 miss a logical guess would be head gasket, and while i havent ran a comp check YET, i do not think this is the case as i have gotten miss codes for all 4 cylinders in the past and sometimes it will idle smooth and sometimes it wont. If it were the head gasket i dont think that would be the case. Almost seems like it runs smoother with the AC on at times. I have replaced 1 ignition coil, i believe the 1&4 coil. And im thinking it must be a vacuum leak since it smooths out in the upper rpms. Any suggestions on common vacuum leak areas or other ideas? Its starting to get pretty rough to where my truck visibly shakes at stoplights and i want to keep this truck for years to come!

Thanks for any help.

I feel your vacuum leak is a good guess. If it were an ignition failure it should get worse under a load and an injector issue would be consistent . A smoke machine is awesome tool for checking for leaks . Spray carb. around the hoses and intake gasket works too , but BE CAREFUL as it will catch fire.

R&R all spark plugs with NGK or DENSO Irridium Spark Plugs and if not cured try all new Coils also! Accell or Denso OEM or NGK ???

Back