Need quick advice!

858_tacoma_guy

I'm looking at a trade for my tacoma. This guy is selling his z28 Camaro and is willin to do a trade with my truck. I'm considering it but it seems sketchy. He says transmission leaks and the torque converter needs to be tightened often... he claims all classics have some sort of leak lol, I'm not fully convinced, I don't wanna give some dude my Tacoma which is in prestige condition and get a headache in return

Camaro looks good from what I see in the vid. Don’t have a clue about the value because I don’t know the year, original parts, etc.
Honestly though, in my opinion, if it sounds/seems sketchy then it probably is. Go with your gut.

Camaro looks good from what I see in the vid. Don’t have a clue about the value because I don’t know the year, original parts, etc.
Honestly though, in my opinion, if it sounds/seems sketchy then it probably is. Go with your gut.

It's a z28 which is why I'm still even considering it. But the fact that he says minor tranny leaks and tighten the torque converter every now and then is a sign that I'm gonna get ripped.. do you think my Tacoma has more value?

Reactions: 4wd
What year Z28? If you have a pristine 67-71 model. Yeah, it’s worth the trade. If you have a late 80’s-early 90’s model I wouldn’t because they aren’t nearly as rare and the value and practicality isn’t there.

Last edited:
I'm looking at a trade for my tacoma. This guy is selling his z28 Camaro and is willin to do a trade with my truck. I'm considering it but it seems sketchy. He says transmission leaks and the torque converter needs to be tightened often... he claims all classics have some sort of leak lol, I'm not fully convinced, I don't wanna give some dude my Tacoma which is in prestige condition and get a headache in return

Are you kidding me ?? The trans leaks (wonder where ) & torque converter keeps coming loose ? & the dumbass is driving it like that ??

& all classics DO NOT have leaks...

Well give him half a brownie point for being somewhat honest but if it keeps coming loose theres an issue to big to ignore, wonder how bad vibration is on input shaft on trans... I'd pass...

What year Z28?

Unless it was a '69 not really interested all tho the '72 was first year for the LT's IIRC, still, not a good trade from what I see loose converter/trans leak fixed even wouldn't do it...

Would not trade but may purchase as a project car.

Absolutely. Too many variables to take it in as a daily driver. Maybe a project car if you want a Z28.

Are you kidding me ?? The trans leaks (wonder where ) & torque converter keeps coming loose ? & the dumbass is driving it like that ??

& all classics DO NOT have leaks...

Well give him half a brownie point for being somewhat honest but if it keeps coming loose theres an issue to big to ignore, wonder how bad vibration is on input shaft on trans... I'd pass...

You’re at the age of a classic. Do you have leaks? Lol!
True there. It’s a sign of underlying problems that who knows what all is wrong.

Unless it was a '69 not really interested all tho the '72 was first year for the LT's IIRC, still, not a good trade from what I see loose converter/trans leak fixed even wouldn't do it...

What year Z28? If you have a pristine 67-71 model. Yeah, it’s worth the trade. If you have a late 80’s-early 90’s model I wouldn’t because they aren’t nearly as rare and the value and practicality isn’t there.

Kind of read my mind man. Was editing my post when you posted this....

Absolutely. Too many variables to take it in as a daily driver. Maybe a project car if you want a Z28.

You’re at the age of a classic. Do you have leaks? Lol!
True there. It’s a sign of underlying problems that who knows what all is wrong.

Every where haha....

Kind of read my mind man. Was editing my post when you posted this....

Hey, great minds think alike dude...

Yeah he just texted me lol. He asked if I traded the truck, if I could use my Tacoma to tow it to my house then he can take my truck from there lolololo

Welp at least he's honest I guess

To the point of stupidity it appears, if you ever have this opportunity again obviously don't trade any good running vehicle for a non running or non reliable "classic" (you seem smart enough to avoid that)

The value of that camaro is probably around 7-8k with a ****ty trans. The transmission problem is a easy fix if you do it yourself. It would cost you around 250$ for a rebuild kit and a torque converter. If your tacoma is worth more than 7-8k$ than I wouldn't even think of trading it.

Back