Need to replace stock UCA's for 3" lift

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by TacoKen, Jun 27, 2018.

1. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

I have a 2015 Tacoma 4X4 with Toytec Boss 3" lift kit and need to replace the stock UCA's so I can get some caster adjustment. I was told by Toytec I should try for 3.5 degrees and the only way to do that is with aftermarket UCA's. They sell them for $485 which to me sounds pretty steep. Anyone have some recommendations and also which ones to stay away from? Thanks........

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Light Racing is good. $485 isn't that bad. My Icon uniballs were $650 and their billet arms are over $1000. No need for uniballs in your case.

4. OP
    TacoKen

OK, seems high but if it's fair pricing I don't mind. They sell the SPC at Toytec for $485 plus tax and shipping.

5. whippersnapper02

I believe I paid $450 for those. I got them from Metaltech but I'm not sure if they are still around.

6. OP
    TacoKen

Toytec said they were a set price and nobody will discount them BUT......shipping is free........:)

7. whippersnapper02

Companies say a lot of things. One of the funniest is HP gains which almost always include the words "up to" next to the number.

Bojangles and Crawdad like this.
  8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

That is funny. The questions is who gets the “up to” HP gains??? No one. Haha

Crawdad and whippersnapper02 like this.
  9. OP
    TacoKen

So looks like the SPC Light Racing UCA's are fair price. Toytec feels I need 3.5 degrees caster with my 3" lift that I thought was only 2 1/2". They had me measure center hub up to bottom of fender lip which was 23". Per their info on 2015 4X4 double cab V6 SB stock is 20". Hate to spend the money but hate the way the truck handles on the hwy. I'll be doing the install and then off to the alignment shop. Wondering if there are marks to set the caster at 3.5 initially?

10. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

If you hate the way it handles, it's probably because your caster is too low,... 3.5 is a good number. It'll handle much better there. If you're just wanting to set it close enough to drive straight to the shop for an alignment;
    Turn the rear cams inward, (to push the LCA outward) about an 1/8th of a turn from where they are now, (might want to mark it with a sharpie) and just leave the front alone.

11. OP
    TacoKen

I have been reading some negative posts on SPC light racing UCA's. Mostly ball joint issues. The posts were from a few years ago so not sure if they have improved them or not. I really don't want to spend a lot for UCA's but I don't want issues either.