Needing New Tires Soon...

Glen Cabbage

Hi Guys,

I'm brand new to the forum.

I've got a 2011 Tacoma (Double Cab, V6, 6' bed) The primary purpose of the truck is in towing the family camper (lightweight, 17' trailer).

The stock tires on my are getting to the end of their useful life. I want to get some replacements that will add something to the looks of the vehicle, but that won't compromise the performance. I'm not into off-roading, I'm looking primarily at highway driving. Raising the vehicle doesn't interest me because it will make it harder to hitch up the trailer. But how about going wider?

I'm thinking that a wide tire might look nice, but I'm concerned it might mess with my towing performance and/or my gas mileage? If wider isn't a problem, what do you recommend? How wide a tire would fit on my current rims and what other rims/tires are an option?

Looking for your opinions, experience, and words of wisdom.

Hankook ATM 265/75/16. It's an AT tire but not too aggressive. 265/75/16 or 265/70/17 is the largest you can go on a stock Taco.

spin_prod_633323101

Last edited:
right now I have the BFG KO2's and I love them but they came with the truck and I won't be spending the Kind of money to get them again. I can also vouche for Hankooks. They wear like stone. I always pulled a long service life out of them

BFG KO 2's Rock in any occasion!...also you might want to check the Firestone Destination AT's....less aggressive than the BFG's...cheaper...and an absolute quality tire

Just for informational purposes on different price points. I have had thes "Hercules Terra Trac R/S" before which are very reasonably priced. They are actually more aggresive looking mounted than they appear in the photo and they have a good bit of hum to them when up to cruising speeds. But they are fantastic snow tires and also do well on dirt/gravel and dry pavement. Wet pavement I would give them a middle of the road rating and they are on the soft side so alot of highway driving will wear them down. But if your on a tight budget and want something that looks good and performs decent they are worth a look.
upload_2017-1-13_9-54-27.jpeg

Back