Nerf bars

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by eagleguy, Mar 11, 2018.

1. eagleguy

eagleguy Well-Known Member

Does anyone have these 6" nerf bars? My wife needs a step up but I am worried they may be too big looking for the Tacoma. I have considered the hoop step OEM style bars but am worried I will hit my leg on them getting in and the straight nerf bars seem like a safer bet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ionic-6-Black-Nerf-Bars-2005-2018-Toyota-Tacoma-Double-Cab/182558446760?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Havoc-Offr...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    sandiegodoug likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

Either one should be fine, even the steps. Not sure how you would hit ur leg, but you should be fine, i havent hit mine and have the steps..they wont look big on the taco, you would give here some muscle on them bisceps

Bogunn likes this.
  4. SomeDirtyCuban

SomeDirtyCuban Well-Known Member

Came home to this massive box today.
    What's inside you ask? s-l400.jpg

1toptoy, mcklovin77 and Bogunn like this.
  5. SomeDirtyCuban

And they're heavy as hell 20180312_200209.jpg

6. OP
    eagleguy

RocketMan87, cranito4to and Bogunn like this.
  7. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

cranito4to likes this.
  8. bb0yd

bb0yd New Member

So how do they look? Had a chance to install them yet

9. SomeDirtyCuban

Waiting for the weekend I'll have them on on Saturday then post pics!

Bogunn, cranito4to and bb0yd like this.
  10. OP
    eagleguy

Those were my second choice but the misses wanted more of a step up. Feedback I saw stated they were pretty much level with the door entry which would not have made her happy. Let me know if I was wrong! Good luck with your install!!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  11. SomeDirtyCuban

I love the style to them, alot of people don't care for the stars I think they're actually dope, and I only bout them because I don't like how empty it looks under the doors. It's 7:32am as soon as the wind dies down or the sun is brighter I'll head out side to put them on.

12. SomeDirtyCuban

Alright after 5 fucking hours after car washing I finally got around to these... 20180317_162838.jpg 20180317_162848.jpg [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 20180317_164922.jpg

timv, B-Man, 1toptoy and 6 others like this.
  13. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

14. SomeDirtyCuban

The TRD sticker?

OR17TRD likes this.
  15. OR17TRD

- 9CB46716-23DC-4C4C-82E8-9158A5E9D2DC.jpeg

16. SomeDirtyCuban

Dude I know but I don't like it all plain I haven't decided what I want to replace it with but that's another thread. I think I'm going with Tacoma beast and I'll remove the tacoma emblems!

OR17TRD likes this.
  17. OR17TRD

It looks better without a sticker. IMO. You should take it off now and see what you think. If you really want to replace it then get your beast sticker.

18. SomeDirtyCuban

This in grey. tacomalife2016_-3_grande_f0cb1a78-38d5-4237-8c5d-99b06ea139ac.jpg TB-Bed_Decal_grande_b388aa2b-e696-4b97-bb37-43e6c2ba8a43.jpg

19. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

20. SomeDirtyCuban

Camry is my dad's he was helping me install the steps. Payment for helping him fully detail my brothers Jetta that he gave to my mom. The car was disgusting. It took us litterally 5 hours to complete I didn't take alot of pictures mostly because I wanted to throw up give up and set it on fire at least 10 times. but this one picture was pretty much what the whole car looked like, and it wreaked of... Well if Cheetos could sweat milk. That was the smell.[​IMG]

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  21. SomeDirtyCuban

If I do it it will be tmrw maybe I'm effin dead right now