New '14 tacoma trd off road

Santafe4x4

Hey guys. I got me a taco about three months ago and it's been a blast. I'm still in the babying phase of it. One thing I'm wanting to do is lift it a little to fit 33s on it. One of the guys at 4 wheel parts recommended 5100s for the front and that the back would be fine to fit 33s. Is this true?

Anything that using spacers is junk, your best bet is guna be to go to downsouthmotorsports.com and look at their 5100s for the front, then if you want to lift the whole truck instead of just level it, you can get a rear 1-2in add a leaf with the rear 5100s.

I have a 13' Tacoma and I bought a 3" lift from toytec it came with bigger coils and blistien 5100 shocks all around and rear 2" add a leaf. I am running goodyear wrangler duratracs 286/75 r16 (33.1x11.8") with a 4.5" offset rim and I just had to remove the front mud flap to not rub with 33s

every truck is going to differ slightly in the "rub/no rub" department, but generally anything above a 265/75 will rub at full lock or full stuff when flexed

Have you heard anything on readylift leveling kits?

also, avoid spacers.
this happens....
8ca59cdc5c8611e39d9c1284ed10107c_8.jpg

So will the billy 5100's in front at 2" lift with 5125's in the rear at 1" lift look and ride nice? Also I think I'll go 32s trail grapplers so there's less chance for rubbing instead of trying to push 33's. How does that setup sound?

That kit is a little more expensive, but the good thing about that is you will get a better ride because of the lift coils, you don't have to set the 5100s at the top c clip position

I'd get new ubolts

more of a safety/peace of mind thing. Ubolts stretch over time, and adding a thicker leaf will stretch them more

Alright, so let me let you know a little about what I want the truck to do. 80 of the time is on main paved roads, leaving probably less then 15% for minor off roading. When I'm hunting and taking a side trail or fishing and veering off the main dirt road is the time my truck will climb. Pretty much 2-3" is all I'm wanting for looks and too fit 32's

The kit that Kraft showed is a good one, but as kona said it would be a good idea to get new u bolts also, but it's not necessary but would be good.

Back