New and Need Help

I recently purchased a 2014 TRD Sport(below). Full disclosure, I'm a father of 2 and will not be doing any of the fun stuff I see on this site. I will be doing regular roads along with some landscaping work. I have a few questions. First, the OEM mud flaps on the truck, take them off completely? leave them off or replace with a husky or new OEM? If I do remove do I need to put screws and grommets back in to fill the holes? Second, looking to purchase some loading ramps for my landscaping(will only be loading push mowers and have no use for full trailer); what are your opinions on these and are they a waste. Also, any suggestions for any sort of bars/storage compartment I can purchase to store gas cans other small containers? I reside in Ontario, Canada so anything I purchase will have to be from Amazon CA, thanks in advance. Any other suggestions are invites as well just no Dad jokes.

Tacoma 1.JPG Tacoma 2.JPG

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the purchase. My 2017 Tacoma didn’t come with mud flaps.Loading ramps scare the crap out of me.yes I’m a dumba$$ that loaded a riding mower in the back and unloaded it or it unloaded me in the driveway. The deck hung the ramps and pulled them away from the truck. It was a 95 model z71

I recently purchased a 2014 TRD Sport(below). Full disclosure, I'm a father of 2 and will not be doing any of the fun stuff I see on this site. I will be doing regular roads along with some landscaping work. I have a few questions. First, the OEM mud flaps on the truck, take them off completely? leave them off or replace with a husky or new OEM? If I do remove do I need to put screws and grommets back in to fill the holes? Second, looking to purchase some loading ramps for my landscaping(will only be loading push mowers and have no use for full trailer); what are your opinions on these and are they a waste. Also, any suggestions for any sort of bars/storage compartment I can purchase to store gas cans other small containers? I reside in Ontario, Canada so anything I purchase will have to be from Amazon CA, thanks in advance. Any other suggestions are invites as well just no Dad jokes.

View attachment 26961 View attachment 26962
Werent your flippers melting on that asphalt?

View attachment 26961 View attachment 26962

No dad joke? I have a 2 and a 4 year old. Looks like the joke is on me. Lol I’m not lifting mine till it’s paid off. Lol

And because I wont be going off road, suggestions fro flaps. I know there is a battle between brands, just looking for a clean black look. Husky and Rokblokz come up a lot. Thanks again.

Welcome! First thing I did on my '17 OffRoad was take the mud flaps off....looks better without 'em!

Welcome to the family. Nothing wrong with driving not-off-road. Being from Cananda you'll probably use the off-road features during the winter while you're on-road. Just enjoy the truck my friend.

Back