New guy looking for interested Tacoma owners in Indiana/Kentucky

Discussion in 'North Central' started by Bluegrass Taco, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Howdy! New to the forum! I live in Kentucky now, just minutes south of Louisville. Originally from Indiana. I'm scouting around for interested off roaders in the 2 states. Feel free to reply! I host a gathering at Black Mountain (Harlan Ky) at the end of October.

kp.taco likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Harlan is way back in the woods. Should be a great time.

Bluegrass Taco likes this.
  4. OP
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Member

4-1/2 hour drive from Louisville, but well worth the trip. You can spend 2 or 3 days on the trails and never see 'em all.

Bogunn likes this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I’m sure. I’m from southern West Virginia. There’s all kinds of old logging and mining roads.

6. OP
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Member

Black Mountain park is all former coal mining country. The peak is the highest point in Kentucky. 2 great camp grounds at the trail entrances. Best is at Putney. (Just east of Harlan)

Bogunn likes this.
  7. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Welcome.. I like that silver taco

8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska

9. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Is your truck a 2011? Or did u swap the grille.. Nice bumper also

10. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

That’s a nice OEM grille.

kp.taco likes this.
  11. OP
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Member

It's a 2011 truck. It's a TRD OR that came with chrome grill surround (which I liked BTW) it took a golf ball to the grill as I was driving past a golf course last summer. That grill is a new replacement color matched grill from Toyota. I have another grill that is an aftermarket ABS plastic molded version. It has a 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser emblem in the middle!

See below!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  12. OP
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Member

13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I have one of those laying around. I love the emblem it just doesn’t look as good on the third gen because the grille is the size of a screen door on these new ones.
    Looks great on your second gen.

kp.taco and Bluegrass Taco like this.
  14. OP
    Bluegrass Taco

Bluegrass Taco Member

I plan on color matching the surround on the black ABS grill as soon as weather allows me to paint. I'd prefer to keep the oem grill protected (in the box) for the time being.

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.