New Guy with flat leaf springs.

one4fishing

Hey Taco Forum ,
Thanks for having me here in this awesome forum. I’ve been lurking for a while now and have enjoyed seeing many of your builds.
My truck is a stock 2014 TRD off road double cab short bed. When I bought it last September I noticed the rear driver side shock was leaking and planned on replacing all four. Driving it empty it road nice and soft on dirt roads, but add a cooler or worse a weekends worth of camping stuff and it bottoms out pretty bad.
This whole time I thought it was the shocks but yesterday I noticed how bad it’s sagging with just a small boat motor in the back and crawled under there to see. IMG_4307.jpg

What springs would you guys recommend? What about reconditioning? I plan on hauling weight with it but also bought it for a nimble little mountain machine. Do I sacrifice ride quality for a heavy duty spring? What about a softer spring plus air bags?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I’ll start a thread here with my progress as soon as I can get started. Wish you all good health in these scary times.

Welcome !a helper spring may help but it looks like you may be better off getting new ones .you can always check local Craigslist for someone selling some after they upgraded ?

Back