New head-unit recommendation

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Potts1521, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Potts1521

Potts1521 Active Member

Hey everyone. I’ve really grown sick of my factory stereo in my 2011 Taco. Any recommendations for a double din head-unit? Not looking to break the bank; having apple car play would be preferred.

Just looking for some models that people have enjoyed and have had good luck with. Pricing would be appreciated as well. Not looking to spend more than $400 or so. Thanks in advance.

Bogunn likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I hear ya on the Apple CarPlay. I don’t know why Toyota hasn’t implemented it into the Entune Premium headunit. I actually love my OEM for the most part but if I was looking to replace I’d probably get either:
    https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xav-ax100
    Well under your budget.

Or the:
    https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/apple-wireless-carplay-ilx-107
    The Alpine is a little pricey but I’ve always liked them.

**Keep in mind that these are manufacturer sites I linked and you can get them much cheaper on other sites**

Potts1521, Boss_Taco77 and OR17TRD like this.
  4. Boss_Taco77

Boss_Taco77 Well-Known Member

I don’t care for CarPlay too much. I have it in the work truck and it’s always giving me problems. I will most likely go with a kenwood or alpine for the taco.

Bogunn and Potts1521 like this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Both solid choices for sure.
    We have apple CarPlay in a Ford Edge. It can be a little distracting. But, for a head unit without navigation and stuff it works great.

Potts1521 and Boss_Taco77 like this.