New paintjob

dirtysouthyota

I'm in the process of deciding what color or colors I want to repaint my truck.. any suggestions?
I was thinking of tan with black accents.

Depends;

What color is it now, post up picture(s) if you can? Remember door jams and under the hood plus fenders will not match if you go with a completely different color...

I like your choice. I had a 4Runner that looked tan, but the color was called something like Golden Sahara Sand. It had black accents. It proved be a good choice. It was a 1st edition solid top 1990.

It looked good because of the contrast and was easy to keep looking good because the color hid imperfections and dust.

Any new color is real nice,but,stay with the same color and pinstripe or flames,paint in Dupont or PPG IMRON Paint,heavy duty and wont wear as easily!!!Its what I used to paint heavy equipment,Trucks,Bulldozers and etc. and my cars and pickups with!Wont scract as easily if you go OFF ROAD!!!Very TOUGH paint!!!worth the money!

Consider Plasti Dipping your truck. It's very durable. It's cheaper than paint. Requires virtually no prep. Easy to remove. Apply it with an HV/LP. A matte finished Tacoma is awesome.

Pink!

Whatever color you decide coughtancoughblackcough do not use plastiderp. It may be "very durable" but it isn't as durable as actual paint. Why would you ever want to take off paint? Everyone that uses it takes derp off because it has failed and they are respraying. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
Pink!

Whatever color you decide coughtancoughblackcough do not use plastiderp. It may be "very durable" but it isn't as durable as actual paint. Why would you ever want to take off paint? Everyone that uses it takes derp off because it has failed and they are respraying. It makes no sense.

Just a suggestion no need to get hostile

No hostility just an observation.

Hey buddy, stick with engines and lift kits. You don't have a clue of what you're talking about. Plasti dip is a great alternative for a truck owner who wants a color change without the cost and or labor associated with a paint job. If you had bad luck with a project it's because you didn't know what you were doing.
No hostility just an observation

Hey buddy, stick with engines and lift kits. You don't have a clue of what you're talking about. Plasti dip is a great alternative for a truck owner who wants a color change without the cost and or labor associated with a paint job. If you had bad luck with a project it's because you didn't know what you were doing.
No hostility just an observation

Bahahahaha. Plastiderp isn't permanent. It doesn't take much more than a single brain cell to figure that one out. I guess I didn't realize that not permanent means permanent. If you can peel it off easily when you want nothing else can do the same right?

You have good taste in movies but bad taste in common sense.

Last edited:
Im considering plastidipping my rims one day....only reason being if i get new rims or it looks bad i could undo it. I know whippersnapper hates it, but it really wouldnt be permenant for me. Would this be a bad idea?

And what whipper means by that is no. :) Well it's really up to you, I happen to like plasti dip, but just for emblems. My buddy dipped his wheels and about 2 months later it's already peeling and looks bad. And yes it was done right. I'm not guna say it's a bad idea but I wouldn't do it to my truck, I would just paint the wheels if I wanted them black.

Oh that wasn't a taco that was a mustang, but oh can look up stock Toyota Tacoma wheels painted black on google to see what they look like

Back