New Tacoma Owner

Amy13

I just brought home my first Tacoma. It's a new 2023 SR Double Cab. I was planning on putting on fender flairs as a first mod but I'm confused what works for the SR sub-model. I'm looking for black, textured, non bolt or rivet pocket flares. Less is better in height. This is my daily driver and the roughest terrain it'll see is desert roads to get to camping and hiking. Lots of sand but very little rock or gravel. I'm looking for an accent to my white truck that paint protection is a secondary concern. Any suggestions for an SR model?

Congrats on the new truck. Imo, the color matching oem toyota ones like the sr5 comes with look best. Unfortunately they are not cheap.....I guess like everything else for these trucks.

Yeah, I agree, the oem do look the nicest. I was hoping to get something a little more "not so expensive". :) I guess I just save up my pennies and put the flares further down the wish list.

If you don't drive in mud, then you don't need mud flaps. ;)

Suggest looking at WeatherTech for these.

The factory mud flaps are under a hundred bucks.I put these on my '16 sport . easy to install but mine are textured . and you may not be able to put factory flares on unless u can drill the square holes in the fenders to mount them factory clips that hold them on. Welcome and have fun doing cool stuff to the taco! :) ebay is where I got my flares 279 bucks!20230403_064810_HDR~2.jpgI Like these alot but I will paint them orange .

Last edited:
If you don't drive in mud, then you don't need mud flaps. ;)

Suggest looking at WeatherTech for these.
It's got nothing to do with mud. They're there to protect others from your tires flinging off rocks, and other debris, plus they do offer some protection for the paint on your own vehicle. Some states require them like ours, before a vehicle can be sold.

The factory mud flaps are under a hundred bucks.I put these on my '16 sport . easy to install but mine are textured . and you may not be able to put factory flares on unless u can drill the square holes in the fenders to mount them factory clips that hold them on. Welcome and have fun doing cool stuff to the taco! :) ebay is where I got my flares 279 bucks!View attachment 38481I Like these alot but I will paint them orange .

Your rig is so purty
I just wish they made a reg. Single cab with a v6 motor :confused:

Your rig is so purty
I just wish they made a reg. Single cab with a v6 motor :confused:
Idk, I had a single cab toyota 4wd pickup in 79. I said my next one will have an extra cab. You can't store enough junk in a single cab you want out of the weather, or just locked up from view like if left in the trucks bed. Only benefit of the single cab is off-roading in tight areas. Longer wheelbase trucks even ride a little better than those single cab ones.

Idk, I had a single cab toyota 4wd pickup in 79. I said my next one will have an extra cab. You can't store enough junk in a single cab you want out of the weather, or just locked up from view like if left in the trucks bed. Only benefit of the single cab is off-roading in tight areas. Longer wheelbase trucks even ride a little better than those single cab ones.
IDK

That rear slider on single cab makes the best breeze

Some can only be put on if u have the black or painted factory wheel openings. Cuz I had mine for sale and someone came to buy them and they didn't sit right without the flare on the fender.

The factory mud flaps are under a hundred bucks.I put these on my '16 sport . easy to install but mine are textured . and you may not be able to put factory flares on unless u can drill the square holes in the fenders to mount them factory clips that hold them on. Welcome and have fun doing cool stuff to the taco! :) ebay is where I got my flares 279 bucks!View attachment 38481I Like these alot but I will paint them orange .
I love my truck just wish it had a 4.7 V8 in it like my tundra did. It's almost the exact same size as my old '03 trd

Back