New to everything!

Walleycs

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and to the tacoma world. I recently purchased my first tacoma which is a 2013 pre runner limited. I really want to mod it some starting with a suspension lift kit and tires and wheels. Not real sure on what type of lift kit though. The local off road shop has tried to sell me on a rough country kit. Not sure about them but have heard good things about pro comp. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum! And any pictures of the truck? And most likely the kit the offroad shop is trying to sell you is a spacer kit, which is junk. If you're wanting to stay under 400 bucks for the lift, bilstien 5100s and a rear AAl would be your best choice

Well the kit they are trying to sell me is the 6" lift kit for $999. Not sure the quality though. I have some friends with pro comp lifts and they love them. I don't mind paying a little money just not the $2700 or so for like fabtech(which I know is a great kit)

I believe I would like to do a 4". I just want a good quality kit that I would not have to worry about things breaking within the first few months also keeping in mind I will not be off roading. Mainly cosmetic.

RCD is a 4 inch drop bracket lift. Another option is a spindle lift if you are 2wd. Mattrax makes good spindles and the truck rides almost stock when done. I'd go spindle over drop bracket any day.

Last edited:
To get 5 in front and 4 in the rear you would need coilovers and spindles. I say get the spindles and a new rear leaf pack to see how you like it. You will also need rear shocks.

Last edited:
Back