New to forum new to tacoma

Welcome! And exactly what whipper said! Also if there is some real tuff stuff you could use a tire brush or rag to help.

If it's a 2013 it's probably no that dirty. Just keep it wiped down with a micro towel and some detailer

Are there certain engine components to avoid when degreasing/hosing your engine? Or is it pretty much idiot proof?

Water normally enters the engine bay when it rains so every thing is fairly water resistant. Normal hose pressure is ok so long as you don't have exposed circuits. High pressure can force water past seals if you aren't careful.

Last edited:
when done I always take a leaf blower to the engine & dry everything I can, wash the rest of the vehicle Then if time let it dry a bit with the hood open. Have done this on many makes & models & probably wash the engines about every 6 weeks or so. Never any electrical issues. Only issues ever were some rusted "knock sensors" on a 2002 5.3L Suburban. wher water pools on thop of them & hard to access to blow off. I'll do the same with my new tacoma & hopefully have a showroom engine for many many years to come.

Back