New to this site, hello, and tacomaworld rant

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ovidiu Ifrim, Feb 16, 2019.

1. BLKTRDPRO

BLKTRDPRO Member

Please tell me more about your LED bulbs, what’s the name, and what’s a pro and con about it.

Scott Wyman and texasred like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Ovidiu Ifrim

Ovidiu Ifrim Member

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will only lurk on TW from now on. Only post here. Tired of the negativity from the azzholes on there.

My LED low beam bulbs are:

"H8/H9/H11/H16 Xtreme LED PRO Headlight or Fog Light" from Xenon Depot.

Pro: VERY white light without being bluish. Great clarity. Plug and play install, you just need to ziptie the extra harness length and spread out the heat sink fins. Tight fit in my '17. Rarely get flashed. Which brings me to the con:

because of the crappy projector lenses in the stock headlight enclosures, I feel like the throw of the LED's feels shorter than the stock bulbs. Could just be because the stock halogens drop off less abruptly than the LED's and give you an illusion of longer throw. I am definitely in the market for a headlight enclosure upgrade.

4. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Tw is tw
    This isnt tw

Welcome to the circus

I applaud muffler swaps but honestly see NO reason for a catback unless the stock one is rusted out.
    Stock is decent size for the engine to breath, its already mandrel bent as well.

Unless your other mods are causing a large hp bump, I always advocate just a muffler as it saves money.
    Thats not me being an asshat, thats just my honest opinion.
    but its ur truck, ur money.

5. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

For what its worth, many years ago the majority of TW was against supercharging the trucks.
    Then when the "TRD" blowers were being discontinued, every idiot wanted one. It was the new cool thing to have I guess.

So, take TW for the good, and leave the bad.

Since the blower scramble, its gotten better in that case, and people are making strides in pulley swaps and cooling of the system.
    It was fun to see all the idiots wanna do the very thing they made fun of for years tho.

6. Stairgod

Stairgod New Member

I just got perma banned from TW. Do not even get me started on the Mods over there.

7. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

bitmoji-20181002071615.png

8. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

Ditto!! Lil G. I could not agree more.

9. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

LOL Scott Wyman!! You need a "safe place" with therapy dog, crayon/coloring books and some hot choco.

Lil G, texasred, Scott Wyman and 2 others like this.
  10. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

Ive got TW on my bookmarks but hardly ever go over there, maybe I'll just boycott them all together. I view these forums as a place for enthusiasts to kick back, put youre feet up, offer up experiences, ask questions, share opinions, professional or shade tree, and have a good time. No need for hate and disrespect. Oh, forgot, I like seeing pics of others mods, trips, and ideas.

11. Scott Wyman

I live in a quiet neighborhood, I have two chihuahuas, I paint with acrylics, and drink coffee all day. Does that cover it?

Lil G, B-Man, texasred and 4 others like this.
  12. BigMau

BigMau Well-Known Member

Do you like Black Rifle Coffee?? Great company and people!!

B-Man, Scott Wyman and texasred like this.
  13. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

Wrong forum. Try match.com.

Jack Straw, B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.
  14. Scott Wyman

Ha! It was worth a try Red.:D

texasred and B-Man like this.
  15. Scott Wyman

Impressive! Gotta find some of that coffee

texasred and B-Man like this.
  16. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/.........The wife and I usually order the medium roast........good stuff!

17. Scott Wyman

B-Man and texasred like this.
  18. OP
    Ovidiu Ifrim

Ovidiu Ifrim Member

Well the muffler already came in the full set with pipe and everything. Originally just bolted on, but since I wanted a resonator to cut the awful drone (it's great now), cutting was required. I'm happy, it had better response after the bigger pipe was installed. Maybe it's in my head but hey, it's my money, like you said. What I do want to see is how much oil is in the catch can when I do my next change in 3300 miles.

And yeah, the guy who talked about the superchargers is absolutely right. It's some kind of sport on there to bad mouth every mod (unless it's completely useless vanity, then the hallelujah's come out, go figure). Then once the company goes out of business or whatever, everyone is suddenly rushing to buy the very thing they badmouthed, without a hint of irony.

I wish I had money for the upcoming OVtune turbo, but I ain't made of gold. IMHO, the new 3.5 engine could definitely use the boost on the low end.

texasred and Scott Wyman like this.
  19. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

You're welcome, Scott!

texasred and Scott Wyman like this.