Nitro 5.29 Gearing Complete

So I bought a front clam shell and third member for my 2017 Tacoma OR AT with OME 2.5” lift and 33” tires from ECGS geared with Nitro 5.29. If anybody is thinking about re-gearing their 3rd Gen, do it! The gear searching is over. At 75 mph I am running 2,300 rpm. Which is way better than stock at 3,500 rpm when going up hills. I love my 3rd Gen but the transmission was always searching for the correct gearing. I’m in Colorado and the gear swap is a must!

So I bought a front clam shell and third member for my 2017 Tacoma OR AT with OME 2.5” lift and 33” tires from ECGS geared with Nitro 5.29. If anybody is thinking about re-gearing their 3rd Gen, do it! The gear searching is over. At 75 mph I am running 2,300 rpm. Which is way better than stock at 3,500 rpm when going up hills. I love my 3rd Gen but the transmission was always searching for the correct gearing. I’m in Colorado and the gear swap is a must!
Wait...
You did wut now???
They sent you complete units and you shipped your cores back???
Is this now an option???

Yes sir. Look up ECGS (East Coast Gear Supply) 5 year warranty too

$3,000 for front and rear diffs with Nitro 5.29 gears and shipping included. $1,500 back after core return. I had a great shop put them in for $850. So $2,350 I thought is a great investment. But there is a shop in Castlerock Colorado that will do all in a day or two for $2,700.

$3,000 for front and rear diffs with Nitro 5.29 gears and shipping included. $1,500 back after core return. I had a great shop put them in for $850. So $2,350 I thought is a great investment. But there is a shop in Castlerock Colorado that will do all in a day or two for $2,700.
I'm familiar with them but this it the first that I've heard of this option, I've been avoiding the gear threads to help me be patient... lol

I'm a manual, I already have a similar final drive as you do... 58mph is 2000rpm in 6th... still need more gear tho... lol

I'm familiar with them but this it the first that I've heard of this option, I've been avoiding the gear threads to help me be patient... lol

I'm a manual, I already have a similar final drive as you do... 58mph is 2000rpm in 6th... still need more gear tho... lol

From what I’ve read manuals can benefit from 4.88 but Nitro gears will walk you through it. Here is some more info: my speedometer stayed the same and my cruise control works even better now!

What shop did you use in Colorado?

Back