Nitrogen

user458

Registered Users
I just found out that my new Tacomas tires came with nitrogen instead of air. I'm not complaining. From what I've heard, nitrogen is better than air. Are there places you can go to get your nitro topped off? Is it free, is it expensive? Can you buy your nitro pump? Any help on this would be great thank guys

I had it done on my Silverado couple of years ago. As long as they filled it up it was free. Initially it cost $10 a tire to put it in.

What would be the benefit of putting nitrogen in your tires, opposed to air? I've never heard of that.

The idea is that the larger molecules of nitrogen have a harder time of leaking through various parts of the wheel, tires and valve stems

My valvestem caps say nitrogen but when I had new tires put on in Jan I believe they use just plain old air from the compressor.

When I had my viper truck I ran straight nitrogen in the tires and they definitely held the PSI for longer than if I used straight air

Another plus of pure nitrogen is that it is dryer than just plain air so corrosion isn't an issue. But then again I have never had internal rim corrosion issues.

Yeah it is since they usually use soapy water on the bead to pop it on the rim.

Back