Noise heard after shutting off engine

Discussion in 'California' started by Debi, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Debi

Debi New Member

I have a 2015 Tacoma with 250 miles on it. Everytime I turn the engine off (regardless of how long it has been running) there is noise that sounds like a rev up, I don't really know how else to describe it, kind of like pressure building, it lasts a couple of seconds and then stops. I did call the dealer service dept today but there wasn't a tech available and will have to call me back.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

Smog pump. Does the same thing when you first start it up. If you listen you'll here it go off. Kind of a whining sound.

4. Michael Mayville

Michael Mayville New Member

It was explained to me today that the new model pumps have a release valve to eliminate moisture build up that the earlier models had that would break the blades of the pump. Makes more sense to me now that it has been explained to me. My pump makes a popping noise when I turn off my vehicle. It took a corporate complaint for someone to finally explain to me why my Taco popped everytime I would turn off the engine.

5. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

This motor noise?

longshore likes this.